6

ERRORS AHEAD.

"Courage in danger is half a battle."

-

Hae Hee 

"Hae Hee ah." I froze the moment I heard this voice. Slowly, I turned behind, that person wearing the cap walk to me close and I slowly took a few steps back. "Who are you? How do you know my name?" I asked.

"You don't know who I am?" He took of his cap. "Y-You are? Wait, Mark?" I smile and walk closer to him. "Yeah, Hae Hee." He nodded. "Omo. You scare the hell out of me. What are you doing here?" I blink and look at him with smiles.

"Waiting for you." He patted my head and he started walking to the bus stop. "Thanks, Mark." I smile and walk along with him. "No problem. It's unsafe for you to go home anyway." He replied. We have got a mini awkward silence and I almost wished he was Jackson, because Jackson would start any topic with me so that we can start talking.

"So, aren't you curious how I know you are studying here?" He suddenly said and broke the awkward silence. I nodded, "Yeah, how do you know? I am not wearing uniform either." "Well, your socks." He smiles and pointed at it. Ah right, the only thing that label my school was the socks. "Oh." I smile and sat on the bench at the bus stop.

"Have you had your dinner?" He asked. I shook my head, "Nope." "Oh, good. The rest has prepared dinner for you already." He replied and took my bag over. "Ah really, thank you. It's okay, I will take it myself." I attempt to take the bag from him but he places it behind his back. "I'll take it. I am a gentleman." He winked.

I chuckled and sighed as I look up to the sky. "Why are there no stars tonight?" "Because it's cloudy." He replied. "Ah, is that so. Then, it's going to rain soon." I sighed at the thought of raining. "Do you not like rain?" He asked. I nodded, "I don't like rain. Because it also brings thunder and lightning." I replied, recalling the cold nights I have spent in the storeroom of the orphanage.

"They are nice friends; you should not dislike them." He smiles as he said that. "I just don't fancy them. But I think they are kind too, at least they don't strike people that dislike them, they strike people that should get retribution." I smile at my own words. He giggles slightly, "You are so optimistic."

"Either I am optimistic or depressed. I rather be optimistic." I give my wides smile at him. Just then, the bus came, "Oh the bus is here." I said and stood up. "You are so special." I heard him said and when I was just about to turn and look at him, he held my hand and intertwine my fingers together with his, walking towards the bus.

I was surprised by his action but I casually release it and go up the bus.

"Are you tired?" He asked and sat beside me. I shook my head, "No, I am fine." "If you want, this," He pointed to his shoulder. "Will always be ready." He continues. I smile at his what he said, "Thanks, Mark. After meeting you guys, I finally feel like someone. Like I existed though." I smile.

"You have always existed; you are just a diamond that has not been discovered." He replied. I smile at his answer and stare outside of the window. That's how people comfort another person.

-

As we were walking towards the house, Mark suddenly held onto my hand. "Run, Hae Hee. Run." He whispered and we started running. I ran even though I don't know why am I doing so. I turned behind to take a glance and notice I group of people wearing black cap was chasing us.

"Who are they?" I said between pants as I ran. He didn't reply, we changed our direction; instead of running towards the house, we ran towards the forest. I tripped multiple times as I ran beside him until he stopped and piggy back me while running. I didn't know that he has such a strength, I mean, I am severely overweight and not to remind, he is RUNNING.