*REQUESTED* MIW - Chris Motionless

Requested by LoveIsFutile

You're My Daughter

Y/N

You'd think being the kid of Chris Motionless would have been the best thing in the whole world, but you were kind of different to your dad and you knew he didn't like certain elements of your life. You loved Dubstep music and moonlighted as a DJ, but you kept your gothic/emo roots which made you stand out when performing. You were also underage but had your trusty fake ID which fooled most people so you could DJ and no one was the wiser about your age.

It was easier to sneak out when your dad was constantly touring, but when he was home from tour it was a lot harder. Just last week he'd come across one of your fake ID's and grounded you. But you had more than one ID and nothing was going to stop you from doing your passion. Tonight was a pretty big gig so you were sneaking out again.

Chris

I hated grounding y/n, but she was underage and had a fake ID. She didn't know that I knew about her little DJ thing, but I hated that she kept breaking my rules. Without her fake ID, she wouldn't be playing tonight. The rest of the band was over and I hadn't told them my daughters secret yet.

"Oh my god, it's back on."

I jump slightly as Ricky jumps up off the sofa.

"What's on Ricky?"

"Don't worry Chris it's not your kind of music, it's this amazing Goth DJ. The gig was cancelled but she just tweeted that it's back on."

I glance towards the stairs, y/n was up in her room sulking. The rest of the band was quite adamant about going. I excuse myself to go and check on my daughter only to discover that her bedroom was empty and her window was open. I was going to kill her when I got my hands on her.

~Club~

I left the guys at the house wanting to confront my rebellious daughter alone. The club was packed as I pushed my way to the front where y/n performed as her Goth alter ego. I didn't like the music but had to admit that my daughter had talent and could get a crowd going.

y/n notices me and her eyes widen behind the coloured contacts she wore, she knew she was in some serious trouble.

"Sorry, I have to cut the set short guys. Keep on rocking through the night."

The crowd boo her but quickly understand that she had to leave. y/n comes down from the booth and stands in front of me. I glare at her and point towards the exit, she walks ahead of me in silence.

The car ride back was silent. When I park she gets out and slams the door behind her, two things she got from me was her stubbornness and rage. I follow her into the house where the guys look up at her in shock.

"y/n, you're the Goth DJ?"

"Surprise Uncle Ricky, but dads a buzz kill."

y/n gives the guys a little bow in her entire costume before turning to glare at me.

"I'm not a buzz kill y/n. You're underage and anything could happen to you at those clubs."

y/n scoffs, "you tour ten months of the year dad and I get away with this every week. You leave me behind, Skyping once every couple of weeks and then it's only for ten minutes. You don't know anything about my life; you don't even know your own daughter anymore."

y/n's words her like a slap in the face. I was meant to be the angry one but every word out of her mouth was the truth. I didn't know my own daughter anymore. She was my flesh and blood yet she felt like a stranger around me, and as a dad that cut deep.

"Do you know why I do what I do dad? I DJ because it's my passion and makes me happy. You tell your fans to do what makes them happy then shit all over what makes me happy. You hate my music choice but thousands of people support me. I can't wait until I'm old enough to move out."

Turning on her heels y/n runs up the stairs with tears in her eyes. I was gobsmacked; I never knew she felt that way about me. Yes, I disapproved of Dubstep music in general, but I really should be able to support my daughter.

Slumping on the sofa between Ricky and Ryan I put my head in my hands.

"She's right, I'm an awful dad."

"You're not awful Chris, just stubborn and stuck in your own ways."

Ryan pats my back; he was right about me being stuck in my own ways.

"y/n has some serious talent, Chris. She just wants her dad to love and support her."

Ricky was right I needed to turn things around with my daughter before she hated me for the rest of her life.

Leaving the guys watching TV I head upstairs and knock on y/n's door before entering. She'd removed the makeup, eye contacts and looked like my little girl again. She sniffles and moves over on her bed allowing me to lie next to her.

"Why can't you see that this is my passion dad? I grew up watching you perform and making fans happy. I wanted to do the same thing."

So my daughter looked up to me more than I knew; now I felt even worse.

"I guess my memories of you are still set in the past y/n when I toured less. I missed most of your teen years, but you'll always be my little girl."

y/n nods and crawls into my arms resting her head on my chest.

"I'll always be your little girl dad I've just grown up. Do you hate me? I don't want to stop making music."

I stroke her hair and sigh.

"You can keep making your music but legally. Or you promise to let either me or one of your uncles escort you to future gigs. I just don't want to see you get hurt y/n."

"I love you, dad, sorry for yelling at you."

y/n had nothing to apologise for. I hug my daughter, from now on I'd be in her life more.