*REQUESTED* ATL - Zack Merrick

She Doesn't Know She's Beautiful

Based on the SWS lyric "She doesn't know she's beautiful cause no ones ever told her so"

Requested by allergic-to-life

ZACK

I'd just finished rehearsals with the band for our upcoming tour when my phone vibrated on the table. Jack was the closest and picked it up before smirking and then tossed it at me.

"When are you going to man up and tell her you like her Zack."

I had a missed call from y/n, one of my best friends who I'd loved since high school. The guys always mocked how close were during high school, and how much we acted like an old married couple. But I never had the courage to ask her out.

"She has a boyfriend and she's happy guys."

Jack and Rian rolled their eyes while Alex patted me on the back.

"Things have a way of working themselves out Zack."

Just then my phone went off twice; y/n had sent me two messages.

Y/N: He cheated on me, Zack...

Y/N: I can't do this anymore. I love you and the guys...goodbye x

The last message shocked me, y/n had depression and suicidal thoughts in the past but had never acted on them. Yes, she also cut but that was way back in her high school days.

"I need to get to y/n's guys. I think she's going to do something stupid."

I showed the rest of the guys the messages and they agreed I should go alone because only I could talk her down from the edge. I promised to call them with updates as I grabbed my keys.

~Skip Car Ride~

I ran up to y/n's door and let myself in with the spare key I had. I found her curled up in a ball on the sofa with her head between her knees shaking. My heart stopped when I saw a pill bottle, a bottle of vodka and a razor-blade on the coffee table, but as far as I could tell they hadn't been used yet.

"He said I wasn't thin enough, that the other girl was everything I'd never be Zack. I thought he loved me so I showed him my scars and he laughed at me, told me I was a worthless cutter."

My blood boiled, how could he be so cruel. I sat down next to her and she turned before curling against me with her head in my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair to calm her down and started to hum her favourite Sleeping with Sirens song.

"She doesn't know she's beautiful cause no one's ever told her so. And the demons that she hides are all she knows. And maybe she could fall in love with someone in her life she could trust."

"Zack you're one in a million. How come you're the only guy in my life I can trust?"

y/n sat up and wiped her tear stained eyes which smudged her mascara and made her look like a racoon. That lyric meant so much to me and my feelings for y/n.

"Because I know you better than you know yourself y/n. I know all your likes and dislikes. I'll never lie to you or hurt you. That jerk didn't deserve someone as beautiful as you."

Something behind y/n's eyes softened.

"Maybe she could fall in love with someone in her life she could trust. Will someone tell her she's enough?"

Her voice cracked on the last part. Did she feel the same way as me? my question was answered when she crawled onto my lap and kissed me. I was taken by surprise to the point she mistook it for rejection and quickly pulled back before blushing.

"Shit, Zack I'm sorry. I misread the signs. I'm all over the place tonight..."

I cut her off by capturing her lips once more and snaked my arms around her waist to support her. She kissed me back and I couldn't ask for any more. Alex had been right earlier. After a couple of minutes, I pulled back and smiled at her.

"I've loved you since high school y/n. And you'll always be enough for me. I love you y/n."

"I love you to Zack."

Those were the five words I'd waited years to hear from her. I was never letting her go and would show her every day just how beautiful she really was.