*REQUESTED* MIW - Chris Motionless

Requested

Wedding Blues

Y/N

Your best friend Ryan Ashley had invited you to her wedding to Josh Balz from Motionless In White. You didn't want to be around anything to do with love but you couldn't turn her down since you'd been friends ever since high school. You'd been in enough dud relationships over the years and been hurt to the point you didn't believe love existed anymore.

The ceremony was beautiful you'd give Ryan Ashley that much. But it was at the receptions open bar where you spent most of the night being depressed while happy couples celebrated and danced around you.

CHRIS

Josh and Ryan Ashley had a beautiful wedding and I was happy he'd found someone special to love. But not everyone had luck when it came to relationships; I'd been dumped three days before the wedding after finding my girlfriend of eight months sleeping with one of the band techs.

"I'm going to get another drink guys."

I excuse myself from the other band members and their girlfriends and make my way towards the open bar. Stood nursing a glass of wine was y/n y/l/n a high school friend of Ryan Ashley's. From what I'd heard about her she didn't have the best of luck with love either. I order and lean my back against the bar. y/n glances up at me before motioning to the dance floor behind us.

"Why are some people allowed happiness Chris, but then people like us get hurt? Sorry about your girlfriend by the way."

I sigh, "Josh tried to tell me that somewhere out there is my soul mate, my other half. I called him a soppy shit."

y/n laughs, "Ryan Ashley fed me the same line before the reception. Do you maybe want to get out of here and take a walk away from all the happiness?"

I nod and y/n picks up her wine glass and we start making our way outside to the gardens that surrounded the venue. I'd only spoken to y/n a couple of times and she seemed like a down to earth girl who spoke her mind just like I did.

"What do you think makes the perfect relationship y/n?"

She shrugs her shoulders as we fall into step side by side, "why don't we make a list Chris? I'll go first. Honesty, if I was going to cheat on you I'd tell you upfront and not drag it out for months."

"Then I'd have to add choosing your partner carefully y/n, you don't want someone who'll happily stab you in the back but you also don't want someone super clingy."

y/n shudders and sips her wine, "I hate clingy like if I take thirty minutes to reply to your message it doesn't mean I'm dead or cheating on you, I could be taking an extra long shower."

Finally, someone who didn't seem to care how long it took to reply to a message, most girls I'd been with expected an instant reply from me when they'd leave me hanging for a day or two.

"I guess I'll also add knowing what you both want to the list, it's all about communicating and compromise."

I hum in approval, "agreed y/n. Then how about adding no expectations? That one neither party in the relationship get hurt."

We come to a stop by a fountain which lights up, I took y/n's appearance in and thought to myself how could anyone hurt her? She was stunning, I wanted to track down and hurt the jerks that'd played with her heart.

"Chris, I think we just stated each other's, perfect partner. This is going to seem bold but I've wanted to try something ever since Ryan Ashley introduced me to you three years ago."

I cock my head to the side as y/n kicks off her heels and climbs onto the fountain ledge to close the height gap between us. What was she going to do?

Y/N

Yes, you'd always had a small crush on Chris but assumed it would never come to anything because at all times the two of you had been in disastrous relationships. You were both single and had stated the other was our perfect partner, it was now or never to take a leap of faith. Chris could easily reject you, or he could kiss you back. If this was your last shot at love then so be it.

You cup his chin finally at the same height as him because of the fountain and smash your lips down on his. He jolts slightly and you build yourself up to be rejected and humiliated, but the rejection never came. Chris cups your chin and parts his lips before deepening the kiss. You move my arms to wrap around his neck to secure yourself. Damn, he was a good kisser.

Chris pulls back and rests his forehead against yours, you notice him smirking.

"I understand if you didn't feel anything Chris, is it too late for me to blame it on the alcohol?"

Chris shakes his head and strokes a single finger down your cheek making you shiver.

"Why don't we give each other a chance, I really like you y/n."

You let out the breath you'd been holding, "let's give ourselves a trial period and see where this takes us. Can you kiss me again Chris? You're a great kisser."

Chris chuckles and throws his head back, "I think we're going to work out just fine y/n."

He doesn't give you time to reply before he's kissing you again. Maybe Josh and Ryan Ashley were right about soul mates, but the two of you would never let them know they were right.