P!ATD - Brendon Urie

Strangers On A Plane

Y/N

Everything was going wrong in your life; firstly you lost your job because your boss wanted to hire his niece despite your five years of loyalty, you then found your boyfriend cheating on you with some bimbo and lastly because you lived with him he kicked you out onto the street making you homeless. Now you had to get on a plane and fly back to your parents and hear them say 'I told you so' and 'we always said he would hurt you' and 'why can't you be more like your successful siblings?'

You loved your job as a reviewer/interviewer for a popular band magazine Kerrang! But now you were unemployed and heading back to LA. How had you gone from being on top of the world to suddenly have it all pulled out from under your feet? Was there something wrong with you? Of course, there had to be, you always let people walk all over you because you were weak.

Suddenly a wave of dizziness came over you and a familiar tingling sensation came across your fingers as you tried to move them. This couldn't be happening, not here in the middle of a flight in a crowded plane. As you thought about people judging you harshly it only made things worse and you found yourself clutching your chest when you felt your heartbeat pick up.

Ever since you were a child you suffered from panic attacks, but you hadn't had one since moving to London, getting your dream job and finding a boyfriend because everything in your life seemed great. Now it was all coming crashing down around you and your fears had returned.

"Err miss are you alright?"

Through you confused haze you make out a male voice, he sounds concerned. Obviously, when he got on the plane he didn't think he'd be seated next to a freak like you.

BRENDON

The girl next to me had been silent nearly the whole flight, but once they dimmed the lights in the cabin she tensed up and started shaking slightly. There was something wrong with her, she clutched her chest and I heard her breathing become heavier. I'd known enough people in my past who suffered from panic attacks and she was showing symptoms.

"Err miss are you alright?"

The girl shook her head, "I suffer...from...panic attacks...I haven't...had...one...in...a...long time..."

I nodded my head. I knew the first thing I needed to do was try and calm her down and get her breathing back to a regular pace.

"What you are feeling is scary, but it's not dangerous. I'm Brendon by the way, what's your name beautiful?"

She attempted to smile but it came across as weak, "y/n...my name is y/n...I can't breathe Brendon...I don't like this feeling..."

I turned in my chair and placed a hand on her back, "You need to concentrate on your breathing y/n stay in the present. You're not going through this alone; I'm here to help you."

She scoffed, "I don't deserve...help...I'm a failure..."

"I want you to focus on my breathing y/n, and as silly as it sounds I want both of us to count to ten. Can you do that for me?"

For the first time she glanced up at me and I was hurt just seeing her tear stained eyes. I needed to focus myself and started breathing slowly. y/n soon followed and we slowly counted to ten.

"Nearly there y/n, you can get through this. Nine...and ten..."

By this point, I was holding her hand and I noticed immediately that her shaking was slowing down and her breathing didn't sound as heavy.

"Thank you, Brendon. I don't know what came over me. I just had so much shit happen to me this last week that I just let it build up until I cracked. Sorry if I annoyed you."