PTV - Vic Fuentes

Beautiful Scars On Critical Veins

Y/N

You had invited your best friend in the whole world, Vic, over for a movie night, he seemed down recently and you thought movies and junk food as girly and cliché as it sounded could be good for him. It seemed to work at least through the first two movies and then you noticed his change in attitude.

You were watching some horror film where the bad guy was cutting a girls arm so that when her friends and family found her they'd think she'd self-harmed to death. Vic tensed and the arm he had around your waist squeezed you just a little too tight.

"Vic are you okay?"

"Can we watch something else y/n?"

You nod and unwrap yourself from his warm embrace. You'd known each other since you were little kids and you were super close to the extent that people thought you were dating. You both didn't care what others thought because there was nothing romantic between you and never would be because he had an amazing and beautiful girlfriend Danielle. Danielle understood your friendship and didn't see you as a threat; in fact, you'd told her things about Vic to help their relationship along.

Besides you couldn't be dating Vic because you were with Jaime, you met through Vic and the two of you hit it off and had been together for four months now and still going strong. Vic joked that he wanted to be the maid of honour at yours and Jaime's wedding and in return, he promised to make you his best man much to Mike, Tony and Jaime's upset.

You stop the movie and scan through the many you own. You needed to know what was wrong with your best friend. You two told each other everything but now it felt like he was keeping something big from you.

"So Vic what do you want to watch instead?"

Vic shrugged his shoulders, "can we just talk y/n. I need to tell you something."

You put down the DVDs in your hand and make your way back over to the sofa where you sit cross-legged opposite Vic who mirrors you.

"What's wrong with you Vic? Something's been off with you lately and I hate seeing my best friend hurting or keeping something from me. We tell each other everything."

Vic rubbed his arm and chewed his lip before sighing, "when we're on tour we meet hundreds of kids who tell us how much of an inspiration we are to them and how we stopped them from self-harming. Each time I see a scar no matter how new or old it reminds me of a dark part of my past which I never told anyone except my parents. Not even Mike or the rest of the band know y/n."

You couldn't comprehend what Vic was hinting at; you didn't want to believe what was going to come out of his lips next. He was so full of life all the time and made everyone around him laugh; hell you all said he cared about others more than himself.

"Vic, do you self harm?"

He shook his head and rolled up his sleeves turning his arms over so you could see the faded white scars scattered across his skin. You brushed your fingers along each one and felt yourself getting emotional, how could you not see that your best friend was doing this to himself.

"Don't cry y/n. I used to self-harm when I was younger but then I stopped and put my hurt into songs."

You didn't even know you were crying until Vic leaned over and wiped away a stray tear. You sniffled and shook your head.

"How could I not know? I was supposed to be your best friend; I should have seen the signs. I'm sorry Vic for being such a bad friend. You always put others before yourself and we never questioned your motives. Oh god, I'm sorry."