PVRIS - Alex Babinski

Rude Barista

Y/N

Another morning ruined by some stuck-up barista who clearly hated his job in Starbucks, but knew he couldn't just quit because he had no other talents other than pouring coffee and squirting whipped cream on top of overpriced hot chocolates. You only came here because it was on the way to the local thrift store you volunteered at three times a week. This guy had rude names for the regulars like you and didn't even try to hide his snide and snarky remarks when serving and taking orders. In front of you stood a rather sweet girl who ordered a stereotypical white girl drink even if she didn't fit the type, and if you were behind the counter you would have kept your thoughts to yourself but this guy didn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

"You do know ordering something skinny will not make the weight disappear, if anything you need to cut out these drinks and maybe then you'll look pretty enough."

Your mouth drops open at his insult to this girl who only came in here to get herself a coffee. He didn't know her backstory; she was on the thin side already and could have some eating disorder. He was being a douche to her self esteem and today you'd had enough so cleared your throat before pushing past the girl.

"You have no right to insult her Brad, just because you hate your job and have low self-esteem because you know you'll never do better than this place doesn't give you the right to run your mouth off and be rude to everyone. Now if you don't mind getting off your high horse and apologising or I could call your boss in here and show him the video I recorded of you insulting a customer. Your choice Brad."

His face paled as you waved your phone in front of his face.

"Err sorry that was rude of me, here have the drink on me."

The girl beamed you a bright smile and went to high five you so you smile and high five her back.

"You're my new hero miss."

The guy behind you clears his throat and you nearly drop your hot chocolate, which Brad gave you free of charge because of your outburst and he already knew your order. You come face to face with Alex Babinski from your favourite band PVRIS.

"That was amazing, do you fancy sitting with me? Err..."

"y/n my names y/n and I would love to sit with you err..."

Alex smiled.

"Alex my names Alex."

You smirk already knowing his name but not wanting to come across as a fan in case he took back his offer. You get a table furthest away from Brad and wait for him to get his order before he joins you.

"You didn't even have your phone on did you y/n?"

You grin and wave your phone which in fact was off the whole time in front of his face before taking a sip of your beverage.

"I've been coming here for the last three months and he's been nothing but rude. I just couldn't take it anymore and I felt bad for that poor girl and knew I needed to stick up for her and everyone else."

He nods and takes a sip of his own drink before speaking again.

"Rude people annoy me. And when you stood up for that girl I was like number one this girl looks hot from behind, number two this girl has big balls and finally number three damn this girl is hot from the front."

You nearly choke on your drink from laughing.

"Why thank you, Alex, you're not too bad on the eyes either. I'm glad we sat together, it made my morning less shitty."

He cockily bows his head and smirks.

"Would it be too upfront if I asked for your number?"

You match his smirk and shake your head.

"I'd be offended if you didn't ask for my number Alex, because I heard from someone from damn I'm hot from the back and the front."

He takes your phone from your outstretched hand and turns it on. You would have been screwed if Brad asked for proof of the video. But you did get to meet Alex and surprisingly held a normal conversation whereas your inner fangirl was screaming to be let out. He types in his number and hands your phone back.

"We should do this again sometimes y/n, but maybe choose a different coffee shop."

The two of you raise your mugs and clink them together. Meeting Alex had been a dream of yours which had now come true and the two of you seemed to get on like a house on fire.