TAA - Ahren Stringer

Not Just Another Merch Girl

Y/N

When your best friend in the whole world Joel Birch from the band The Amity Affliction asks you to cash in the favour you owe him from that one drunken night you know you can't refuse. Little did you know that the favour would involve you going to Warped with them as their merch girl. You'd be sleeping on the same bus as Troy, the lovable dork who knows how to make you laugh all the time. Ryan who was always a mystery to you because other than when he was performing on stage you never really saw him anywhere else, Joel your therapist and best guy friend and lastly Ahren, who seemed to ignore you and you didn't know why.

On the plane to America you were seated by Ahren and the entire plane ride he listened to music and blocked you out when you tried to make conversation. Joel leaned over the seat behind you and told you that Ahren was on his man period which had Ryan and Troy tearing up.

"There's a difference between being on his man period and just being an overall rude asshole Joel."

For the rest of the flight you slept and listened to your music. In between dozing off you could have sworn you saw Ahren watching you but when you stretched and opened your eyes fully he quickly turned away and plugged his music back in. What was wrong with the boy?

AHREN

"There's a difference between being on his man period and being an overall rude asshole Joel."

I didn't have my music that loud so I could hear y/n's reply to Joel. Had I been an asshole to her since Joel told us she was coming on tour with us?

As she dozed off next to me I couldn't help but watch her, in a none creepy way. y/n was beautiful and I had no chance in hell with her because her and Joel were practically a couple. When she started to wake up I busied myself so it wasn't that obvious I was staring at her.

*HALFWAY THROUGH WARPED*

Y/N

You were working the merch tent and it was overflowing with fans eager to buy the bands merchandise. You struggled to keep up but this fast pace meant you stopped thinking about Ahren for a few minutes. Joel and the other guys joked that Ahren liked you but was too chicken to make a move. Ahren couldn't possibly like you because every time you were around Joel he seemed to scowl and ignore you more. Did he think there was something going on between you and Joel?

You had known Joel since forever, he was your rock and vice versa. Yes you'd experimented once as being a couple and kissed but there was no spark so we decided to stay as friends.

"Oh my god it's Ahren."

Some girl near you screamed nearly blowing your eardrum; damn fangirls could be loud sometimes. What was Ahren doing here? He was supposed to be heading back to the bus after their set. He was the last person you wanted to see, as much as you wanted to play his game and ignore him as well you failed miserably and made it your mission to get him to talk to you.

*TEN MINUTES EARLIER*

AHREN

We'd just finished up another amazing set on Warped Tour; the fans were amazing and moshed like crazy. However as the set went on I found it hard to concentrate. On the side stood y/n swaying and singing along to the music she knew off by heart, her smile enthralled me but my heart sunk when she caught Joel's eye and he winked at her making her blush. Why couldn't the two of them come clean about their relationship so that I could wallow in the fact I didn't get the girl.

I came off stage and wiped the sweat off me with a towel. y/n had left part way through the set to get a head start in the merch tent. Joel joked with Troy about something and I needed to know about him and y/n.

"Joel can I have a word?"

Joel nodded and walked over to me, "what is it Ahren?"

"Are you and y/n in a relationship?"

The look on Joel's face was priceless; he grinned like a mad man before throwing his head back and laughed before grabbing my shoulder.

"Seriously man is that why you've been ignoring y/n? You think the two of us are in a relationship, ha I've known her since high school and I see her as a sister. Why do you like her?"

I shuffled on the spot, part of me was thrilled that y/n and Joel weren't an item but now Joel had asked me a question I wasn't ready for. Did I like y/n? Of course I liked her especially her nagging persistence to get me to talk to her, also her laugh was kind of cute but she hated it because she snorted a little.

Joel snapped his fingers in front of my face pulling me out of my head; I could have listed multiple things I liked about y/n.

"Go get her Ahren, the guys and I approve. But if you hurt her then I'll chop your dick off okay?"

I nodded, Joel although coming across as friendly and sweet could make threats you knew he'd see through. y/n would still be in the merch tent, I just needed a plan of action.

*TEN MINUTES LATER*

Y/N

Ahren made his way through the fans swarming the merch tent he had a look of determination in his eyes that you'd never seen before. You got up from your chair and moved around the table towards him. He stops inches away from you.

"Ahren are you okay? I..."

He cuts you off swiftly crashing his lips onto yours. Your body tenses at the foreign touch but soon relaxes into it as you wrap your arms around his neck and pull him closer, he smirks against your lips before pulling away.

"y/n will you go on a date with me?"

You nod, so Ahren did like you?

"What made you do this? I thought you hated me?"

He chewed his lip before shaking his head, "I thought you and Joel were together but he said you weren't and that I should go after you."

So Ahren thought you and Joel were in a relationship. You supposed it could be assumed since the two of you had no boundaries and acted like a married couple sometimes. You did like Ahren and now here he was kissing you in the merch tent asking you out on a date.

"You better wine and dine me good Stringer."

He laughs and goes in for another kiss. All around you fans awe and you feel your cheeks flush.

*END OF WARPED TOUR*

After the success of your first date Ahren asked you to be his girlfriend live on stage and of course you said yes. Joel joked that he wanted to be your maid of honour when you and Ahren eventually got married. This had been the best summer of your life and for once you were happy Joel cashed in his favour and invited you on tour with the band.