ATL - Alex Gaskarth

He Doesn't Deserve You

Y/N

Your best friend was finally back from tour. Your best friend was none other than Alex Gaskarth who you'd known since high school, along with the rest of All Time Low. He toured with your boyfriend Jack Barakat who you'd been with for the last two years. Alex had come to your apartment to have a movie night when Jack turned you down because he was ill.

"Hope you feel better babe, I love you."

You hang up on Jack who sounded a little more than off on the phone. Alex shook his head as he sat down next to you and handed you the bowl of popcorn.

"It's odd that Jack is the only one to come down with a cold Alex."

Alex visibly tenses before relaxing and pulls you into a hug.

"Yeah, that's Jack for you y/n."

You always wondered what would have been different if you'd dated Alex instead of Jack. In high school you were much closer with Alex so were surprised when Jack asked you out on a date. You did love Jack but felt like you could talk to Alex about everything without any judgement. Jack would call you overdramatic while Alex actually listened.

ALEX

It killed me to lie to y/n as I sat on her sofa hugging her while her unfaithful boyfriend faked an illness so he didn't have to confront her. Jack had started sleeping with our merch girl while on tour and when I confronted him he said it was because y/n was a little too vanilla. He made me and the rest of the band keep it a secret because the merch girl was going back home to Florida and would never be seen again.

I'd had a crush on y/n throughout high school but Jack beat me to asking her out. And because I knew y/n inside out Jack would ask me what she would like. I gave him the perfect 1st date idea, a picnic in the park because y/n loved the park. It hurt me to see them together when I was so much better for her. I told him what to get her on all the special occasions and Jack joked that maybe I should date her instead.

I had proof of Jack's cheating ass on my phone and decided tonight was the final straw in this tangled web of lies. I sat up and moved the popcorn off y/n's lap gaining her attention from the film.

"What's wrong Alex?"

I took a deep breath before opening my mouth.

"Jack cheated on you while on tour with the merch girl. He's not really ill, but too scared to face you."

Y/N

Your jaw hits the floor at Alex's accusations against Jack. You knew Jack liked to look at other girls but when you started dating officially he would always tell you that you were the only girl he needed.

"Please say something y/n."

Alex grabbed my hand.

"Do you have proof?"

He nods and unlocks his phone. You play the video and are disgusted seeing your boyfriend getting it on with another girl and enjoying himself. You turn it off and hand it back to Alex with shaky hands.

"How long Alex?"

"I took this the last week of the tour. I caught him on the second week and he promised it was a onetime thing. I'm sorry y/n I feel awful but I'm not going to cover for him anymore."

Knowing Jack he'd been sleeping with her the whole tour. You now felt sick after all the Skype calls where he lied to your face with a smile. You gave him two years of your life and this is how he treats you. Tears threaten to spill and Alex pulls you back into the hug, you felt safe in his arms.

"You're too beautiful to cry y/n, please don't cry over him. I only wish I grew a pair in high school and told you I liked you more than friends and still do."

"You-you like me, Alex?"

He nods.

"Who do you think told Jack to take you on that picnic? That was my idea because I knew how much you loved that park. I also helped him pick out presents because I knew what you liked."

You were gobsmacked, it now made sense. All the little things Jack did were what you'd told Alex. You might as well been dating all this time. How was all of this only coming out now?

"How could I be so blind Alex? I should have connected all the small things, plus Jack was always going to you for advice. I feel stupid because I liked you in high school and was surprised when Jack asked me out. I should have dated you Alex; I pretty much am dating you without the kissing and sex."

Alex's face perks up.

"Well, we can change one of those things y/n."

Next thing you now he cups your chin and pulls you in for a kiss. There's a spark when your lips touch, a spark you didn't feel with Jack anymore. You kiss him back before he pulls away and strokes your cheek with a loving gleam in his eyes.

"Tell me that you didn't feel something y/n. We're meant to be together."

You chew your lip, you'd been nothing but faithful to Jack and he cheated behind your back. Alex was perfect for you, plus you really wanted to kiss him again.

"It did feel right Alex, and I want to kiss you again. But no sex until I end it with Jack."

"Understood y/n. I'm going to wine and dine you first; I have a lot of time to make up for. Now kiss me again."

You don't need to be told twice before you find yourself straddling Alex's lap and kissing him. Tomorrow you would confront and end things with Jack, but for now, you got your high school crush.