*REQUESTED* MCR - Gerard Way

Requested by Wattpad user candorchick

Personal: Aspen

Street Artist

ASPEN

It was just another day for me, sketching and painting on the streets hoping to sell enough art to pay my rent and keep food on the table. No one ever said becoming an artist would be easy, after the rent and food I had to buy all my supplies which didn't come cheap. Some people were nicer than others and paid me more than some of the paintings were worth, whereas some cheaper people tried to barter but I knew how to kick that shit to the curb.

My inspiration bank had been running dry for most of the day. I loved sketching people as creepy as that sounds. But no one of interest caught my eye that was until someone did. There was a guy on the other side of the street leaning against a sign scribbling something in a notebook. His red hair stood out and was kind of messy; he was slightly hunched over as if trying to hide from the people that passed him. I snorted thinking the bright red hair wasn't doing him any favours because he stood out like a sore thumb.

I didn't realise that I was staring for so long until he looked up from his scribbling and locked eyes with me and smiled. I felt my cheeks blush as I tried to avert my eyes anywhere but his. I gasp as I look down at my open sketchbook and see that I've sketched him out, I must have done it while I was staring at him. I had somehow got all the details, including the leaning pose and head, bowed transfixed on his notebook.

"Now that's a gift, you weren't even looking at the sketchbook were you?"

I looked up from the guy on the page, straight into the eyes of the guy who'd become my inspiration. He looked vaguely familiar as if I'd seen him somewhere before, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"No, I wasn't. Sorry if it's a little creepy, I only draw interested people and you caught my eye."

Rambling was the one thing I was good at, the guy laughed and ran a hand through his red hair.

"I should be flattered that you find me interesting. I've seen you around here before."

I nod and go to close the sketchbook but the guy motions with his hands and I find myself handing over my baby. I never normally let people go through my sketchbook but something told me that I could trust this guy.

"These are really good err..."

"Aspen, my names Aspen."

He hums approval before going back to flipping through my sketches.

"My names Gerard by the way."

How could I have been so stupid, I knew I recognised him from somewhere. Stood in front of me complimenting my work was the one and only Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance, a band I loved growing up. I had all his comics and took inspiration from him in my own work. Holy shit I was meeting my idol and was able to keep calm.

"I'd like to get to know you better Aspen, I'm always looking for talent to collaborate with."

He pulls out a pen and scribbles something on the same page as his sketch before handing me the book back. My eyes widen as I see he's put his name Gerard Way and his mobile number. Stuff like this didn't happen to normal people, though I wasn't going to complain.

"Wow, thanks, Gerard. Do you mind me asking what you were writing over there?"

He chuckles and shakes his head.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out Aspen. You found your inspiration and I found mine. Now I'll be expecting your call, it was nice meeting you."

That made you curious but you put it to the back of your mind as he reached out his hand to shake yours.

"It was nice meeting you too Gerard."

He tips an imaginary hat before pulling his coat collar closer around him before I watch him walk away into the crowd. All I can do is stare down at the number scribbled on the page and let out the breath I'd been holding.

"Damn Aspen and you weren't even going to come out today."