FOB - Pete Wentz

High School Flirt

Y/N

You were nervous about starting at a new high school, especially since you'd only just moved to America because of your dad's job. Everyone had already made friends and formed their cliques, yes you watched Mean Girls at least ten times to prepare yourself for the American high school experience. What if no one likes you? You'd never been the most confident girl in the class, no one ever paid you any attention and up until now you were fine with that.

After getting a map of the school from the office you headed towards your first class which was History, you were pretty good on the subject so you felt at ease as you walked into the crowded classroom. However, thirty sets of eyes fell on you and silence filled the room; the teacher smiled at you and beckoned you towards their desk.

"You must be the new transfer student from England, class meet y/n. Now I'm not going to embarrass you and make you tell us things about yourself so how about you go and take a seat next to Pete at the back."

You were relieved that the teacher didn't make you say something about yourself, speaking in front of peoples wasn't exactly your thing unless you knew them really well. Scanning the back of the room you notice a boy with short hair hidden under a baseball cap put a hand up and motion you over, you guessed he was Pete.

Sliding into the seat next to him you watch his eyes travel up and down your body, it was an odd feeling having a boy check you out. Having never had a boyfriend you didn't quite know how to react to instead you quickly pulled out a notebook and a pen and tried to focus on the teacher.

"Hi I'm Pete but you already knew that beautiful."

Pete nudges you and you glance over from your notes, you feel your cheeks blush slightly when he calls you beautiful. It's now your turn to check him out, he wasn't bad on the eyes.

"Well Pete I'm y/n but you already knew that."

"Do you want to know something y/n?"

You nod, wanting to know what he was going to say next.

"I'm learning about important dates in history. Wanna be one of them?"

You cover your mouth to stop yourself from laughing, "Pete that's the cheesiest pick up line in existence."

"Oh, I have plenty of them y/n. Just you listen beautiful."

Pete wasn't like any boy you'd met before, he was confident but not overly confident and he wasn't afraid to speak his mind which was refreshing. Some people would call his outrightness cocky but you found him pretty funny with his pick up lines.

"y/n I want our love to be like pi, irrational and never-ending."

You shake your head but let a smirk slip out; Pete grins at your reaction and clears his throat again.

"If you stood in front of a mirror with eleven roses, you would see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world."

"Oh, Pete you know how to make a girl weak at the knees."

You pretend to fan yourself with your hand. You were surprised that the teacher hadn't called either of you out. Pete then did something that took you by surprise; he picked up your hand in his.

"Sorry y/n but your hand looked heavy let me hold it for you."

"Pete people are watching us."

The girls sitting at the table next to yours were staring daggers at you though Pete couldn't see them because they were sat behind him. What was their problem? Were they jealous?

"Let them watch y/n, they be jealous bitches. Now tell me is there a science room nearby, or am I just sensing the chemistry between us?"

You quirk an eyebrow and pull your hand out of his, "err Pete this is my first day I don't know where the science rooms are."

"Oh, crap yeah...I forgot that for a second..."

The rest of the class went by in silence between the two of you; history was quite boring when you were sitting next to an interesting boy. To be honest, you missed his cheesy pickup lines, yes you'd know him less than an hour but you felt something between the two of you.

When the bell rang Pete quickly gathered up his books and left the classroom, you packed away and made your way to your locker to get your books for your next lesson English. When you closed your locker door you nearly jumped and dropped your books seeing Pete stood in front of you grinning.

"Pete you nearly gave me a heart attack."

He shrugs his shoulders, "do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?"

He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and you burst into laughter, now that was cheesy and you'd heard it before.

"You need to improve your game Pete."

"I'll be Burger King and you be McDonald's. I'll have it my way, and you'll be lovin' it."

You clap your hands together and Pete even does a little bow.

"Thank you very much y/n I..."

He pauses for a second and you get confused. You go to speak but he puts a hand out to silence you before speaking again.

"You're so beautiful y/n that you made me forget my pick up line."

This time you blush heavier and try and bow your head but Pete sees it and smiles.

"I haven't even known you that long Pete but I feel like there's something between us. No boy has ever called me beautiful before and you've called it me not once but three times."

"That's because I meant it y/n. Now how about we head to English? I took a look at your timetable and we have all the same classes. Lucky for you I have plenty more pick up lines up my sleeve."

Pete slings an arm over your shoulder and starts pulling you away from your locker, you look over at him and see a permanent smile on his face. For once you were happy that yyour dadgot a new job and you had to move.