Back Again (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"It is now."

"I'm worried about you."

"I'm fine."

"Because you haven't caught a cold just yet!"

"Twi let up, I'm gonna be-" she cut herself off suddenly as the bell to the shop rang and in came two soaked people, and a girl with an umbrella. Two girls, and a guy. The guy was oddly carrying the girl without the umbrella in a piggyback but the two girls behind the counter didn't comment.

"This what you get for running in the rain," the guy told the girl he was carrying setting her down in the chair.

"We just finished drying the chairs ten minutes ago," Twila muttered.

"We're gonna have to mop up the water again too," Sabrina sighed.

The girl rolled her eyes. "I just got my hair done! I can't let it get soaked. That's just how black girl hair is. Not to mention she wouldn't share her umbrella!"

The guy shook his head like he had had this conversation many times before. "Whatever. I'm gonna go get my truck."

"Hurry," the other girl told him as he left. When he did she made her way the counter. "Can I just get a bag of ice? My friend sprained her ankle."

"I'll grab it," Twila nodded retreating to look for a bag.

"We have a first aid kit if you need something else," Sabrina told her.

The girl opened her mouth to reply when her phone rang. She pulled it out her purse and answered it. She listening for a moment before turning and heading to the door, opening her umbrella and walking off.

Sabrina sighed and grabbed the mop.

"Sorry about all the water," the girl left told her when she began to mop up.

"You don't control the weather," Sabrina shrugged, as she did she couldn't help but take in her appearance. The girl had dark skin and very short curly black her. Her T-shirt was from show and she wore a blue sweat shirt, and jeans.

"Here's your ice," Twila said coming back and handing the girl some ice.

"Thanks," she said accepting it. She pulled another chair closer to her and propped her leg up before placing the ice pack on her ankle.

"Did your friends just abandon you?"

The girl glanced outside. "Hope not," she said quietly. "Are those hats annoying?" She asked turning back at a normal volume.

Twila's eyes drifted upward to the pizza hat which surrounded her head. "Very."

"You haven't even worked here as long as me," Sabrina told her. "We got these hats not long before you came. Before that they are slices sticking out from the top of out heads. They were unbalanced and very annoying."

"So you've said multiple times."

The girl chuckled a bit at that, but when two coworkers looked to her she pulled out her phone. With nothing better to do they began cleaning up the water once more and fell into light conversation.