Don't Mess With The Bond . . .It Hurts

Start from the beginning

“That’s not a word—“

“Shut the hell up.” I said, glaring down at him. “As I was saying, that girl was no match for the most awesomest she-wolf ever.”

“Kelly Seraillier?”

“Who? What—no I meant me you jackass.” I said, whacking him with the pillow I had grabbed up out of reflex. He got up and nudged me. I tipped over and fell unto my other pillow with him leaning over me.

“The day you prove to me that you have what it takes to be a great warrior is the day that I’ll personally hail you as the most ‘awesomestly fantabulous’ she-wolf around.”

“Oh sure, you can make up words.” I said rolling my eyes.”

“It comes with the territory.” He said haughtily as he began curling again, to go back to sleep.

“It comes with the territory.” I mocked in a squeaky voice. He glanced back at me but must have decided that I wasn’t worth the time so he simply closed his eyes and was gone in seconds. I rolled my eyes and got up. He was so lovable and huggable when I thought about it . . . he probably would have cringed at hearing that thought. I smiled as I looked down at him. I was glad that he hadn’t given up that night; glad he chose to live.

That night as we sat having dinner I couldn’t help but take it all in. I had never realized just how much I loved my parents before now. They noticed that I was smiling at them and yeah they were abit confused at first so I let them know exactly how I felt. I don’t know why but I just had new outlook on life. I was more than likely just becoming disillusioned because of the separation from my mate but I was going to make the most of my disillusionment. For some reason I just felt light . . . like the world was mine. That usually happened before something disastrous happened which made me all the more determined to enjoy what I could.

The following Monday I walked—no I strut through the halls as if I owned the place. Inside I felt like crap; I hadn’t gotten any sleep for the entire weekend because of the restlessness, my stomach did flips every few minutes and my nerves were going haywire but I wouldn’t let any of those slow me down. I was going to make sure that Damen thought I was having a blast without him.

I knew I would have to see him after school because he still followed Amber to practice and I intended to leave him with something that would ride him until then. With a good amount of time before first period I waited next to the entrance for him to get here. When he hit the school compound I saw him instantly. He had a smile on his face as he and his cousins joked around. Wow, he forgave them quickly. I forgave him just as quickly too which was why I was going to do what I did. As he headed towards the main entrance where I stood I grabbed hold of Felix, some random dude in my class who had had a crush on me since first grade. He wasn’t a bad guy; he just wasn’t my type and he certainly didn’t fit my temperament but he was perfect for what I had in mind. I shook my head with a smile as I thought about it. He never wanted to leave Amber even though he knew that I was his mate so I was going to show him that I could have alittle thing on the side too. Afterall what was good for the goose was definitely good for the gander.

“Hey can I talk to you?” I asked with a seductive smile.

“You can do whatever you want.” He said with his own grin. It felt damn good knowing that Damen was close enough to hear that. Glancing over at him I saw his face change but he composed it quickly. I held my smile in place but added a bit more seduction to it. The poor guy looked like he thought he was going to get something. I pulled him down and into a major lip locked that sent Damen blazing across the hall. I swear he didn’t stop until he got to the hall adjoining to it. I reached out and ran my hand through Felix’s hair preparing to end the kiss when I felt a sharp pain in my head that ran down to my stomach. I pulled away abruptly. What the hell was that . . . ? I looked up at him and saw him giving me a puzzled look.