Behind the Fake Smile Cp13

Start from the beginning

I slipped into the bed and only then did I realise someone else was there as well, sleeping. Our faces were inches apart. I threw myself out of the bed and stared at the strange boy sleeping. I now knew how the Three Bears felt. He needs to get out of bed, now. I poked the strangers cheek. He stirred but didn't wake. I poked again but harder. His eyes fluttered.

"Get up!" I hissed and gave him another stiff poke. His eyes shot open and he stared at me as I did to him. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Who are you?"

"You're Anna right?"

I nodded.

"Right, tell Lizzie goodbye for me?" He climbed out of the bed and walked in the conservatory, no doubt to leave the house undetected. I shook my head and lay in bed, a few moments later the door opened and I closed my eyes pretending to be sleeping.

"Anna sweetie. I think you need to get out of bed now," mum gently shook me awake. I opened my eyes and when I did she switched the light on. "Come on, it's 12 in the afternoon. You've had your lie-in."

Reluctantly, I got out of bed and followed mum to the front room where the rest of the family was lounging about watching television. I sat on my sofa with Lizzie and lay down, I felt sick and lying down helped the nausea.

                                                                                * * * *

Lizzie prodded me awake, I didn't even know I fell asleep.

"Hi," I yawned, I looked around and saw that we were alone in the room.

"How was last night?" She asked almost in a whisper.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"Well I can't remember much but the parts I do remember I have to say it was pretty good but the parts that I don't..." I shook my head. "I did some silly things."

Lizzie's eyes widened. "Like what?"

"I jumped in the pool. Drank some alcohol. Grinded on Adam," I paused and looked at Lizzie. "Not danced. Grinded. I can't believe I did that. I don't even dance!" I took another pause. "Thing is, I don't remember drinking anything or taking anything but Adam said I did and I can't remember much of last night so I must have."

"Well jumping in a swimming pool and grinding on someone isn't the worse thing you can do at a party," she laughed to herself as if relishing a past memory. "But you don't remember drinking alcohol?" she sounded quite worried.

I shook my head. "I drank only coke."

"Did you go anywhere without your drink and then return to it and drink it again?" she rubbed her chin, something she did when she was stressed or worried.

I shook my head, I was starting to get worried. I didn't think it was a huge deal to be honest but the usually laid-back Elizabeth seemed to think so and that made me uneasy.

"Did anyone get you a drink?"

"As far as I remember, Adam."

"Adam!" she exploded so suddenly she startled me. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. "Adam spiked your drink with alcohol. Just be glad that it was only alcohol. But wow, he's supposed to be your boyfriend. He's supposed to look after you."

"And he did. He took me to his house."

"And did you sleep in his bed?"

"Well... yes but he slept on the floor."

She nodded slowly. "Break up with Adam, please?"

"What. Why?"

"Because he spiked your drink."

It was true, I should break up with him but I don't know how to. I know that I should do it face to face but what if he asks for a second chance, I won't be able to say no.

"But you have to, stop being so nice!" she seemed to have read my mind.

"What if I don't want to?"

"At this moment, I don't care what you want. I just don't want you getting abused," she looked down, avoiding eye contact with me.

"I'll do it. But in my own time."

Lizzie looked up and nodded.

"Did mum suspect anything?" I asked hoping to change into a lighter subject.

"Not a thing," she laughed.

"Really?"

Lizzie nodded proudly.

"So the fact that the person pretending to be me was a guy didn't throw her off at all?"

"Nope, he's an amazing actor and he can change his voice really well," she burst out laughing. "You should hear his Daffy Duck and Donald Duck impression."

"Where did you meet him?"

"At a youth club I used to go to. We've stayed in touch ever since but he left and so did I," she paused. "We should go again, it's not that far from here."

"Definitely," I smiled looking forward to that day.

                                                                                * * * *

It was the day after Lizzie and I talked about the party and I decided that I might as well get it over with so I planned to go over to his house. I'm not sure how long it took me and I didn't really care, I just kept replaying what I was going to say in my head. I rang the doorbell and a small boy, about the age of four answered the door. He looked up at me expectantly.

"Hi there, is Adam in the house?" I crouched down so I was level to him.

He nodded and ran back inside yelling 'Adam, Adam, Adam, Adam. There's a weirdo at the door for you!!!"

I laughed to myself.

Adam soon appeared in the doorway. "Sorry about him," he laughed.

"It's alright."

"What did you need?" he asked stepped outside and closed the door behind him.

I took a shaky breath and tried to stop my nerves. "Did you spike my drink last night?"

"Your drink got spiked?" he seemed guinually surprised.

"Yeah because I don't remember drinking any alcohol and you're the only one that got me drinks."

He shrugged. "The coke was most likely to be spiked from the beginning of the party by some idiots."

"Don't lie because I got myself a drink and it tasted normal but when you got it me it tasted... off."

"Then why didn't you say anything?"

"Because..." I didn't know the answer. "I'm too nice?"

He shook his head. "Is that all you came here to ask?"

I nodded but then shook my head.

"For Christ sake Anna, I'm you're boyfriend! You're supposed to believe me when I say that I didn't spike your drink!"

"Yeah but the thing is, we're supposed to know each other and I don't know you at all. I didn't even
know you had a little brother."

"What are you trying to say?" he folded his arms. How the flip did he catch on so quickly?

"I'm saying that it's over. Sorry."

He shrugged. "At least you didn't say 'we'll always be friends'"

"So you're alright?"

He nodded. "Would you rather me go down on my knees and beg you to take me back whilst wiping my tears and snot on the sleeves of your shirt and on your hands?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Actually...I would love to see that," I smirked.

"Keep dreaming Joanne. I'll see you later," and with a final smile, he closed the door.

Well that was...strangely easy.