"Let's go t' the back." Sean stated, marching his way to the backyard. Mark followed his lead and marched as well, struggling to hold back his laughter. Sean's quirkiness was one of the main reasons why Mark enjoyed spending time with him so much.

When they were halfway there, Sean broke into a sprint, but Mark continued marching. Sean's laughs could be easily heard, which Mark chuckled at. The first thing Mark saw when he reached the back was Sean standing in front of a bright fire. He threw his arms into the air, beaming profoundly.

"Man made fire!" Sean yelled with a caveman-like voice.

"Fire? Fire bad!" Mark responded.

They laughed once again, Sean motioning for Mark to go over to where he was. He was already sitting in one of the two chairs he set up near the fire, so Mark plopped down into the empty chair that was beside Sean. Without saying anything, Sean swiftly ran into his house, coming back out only seconds later with a bag of marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. (Fun fact: I originally put "granola bars", but someone pointed it out, and I fixed it because I'm a doof :D)

"Smores!" he screamed, throwing the bag of marshmallows at Mark. Mark caught the bag before it fell into the fire. Sean darted back into his house, and it still took him mere seconds to return outdoors, but this time he had roasting forks for the marshmallows.

"Thank God you have those. I thought we were going to just hold the marshmallows over the fire with our hands!" Mark joked.

"Shut up, ya wang!" he smiled. "Take my stick!"

"Oh, I'd love to." Mark winked, bursting out laughing after failing to contain his laughter.

They roasted their marshmallows without bothering to converse, seemingly concentrating on getting the perfect golden marshmallow. Disappointingly, they both didn't achieve this, and their marshmallows only turned a very dark shade of brown. But they were still able to make their smores, and they definitely enjoyed.

"So, any plans for the weekend?" Sean asked, making sure that he lives up to his title of 'Small-talk Master'.

Mark chuckled, "I'm sure I'll just be with you the whole time."

"Fuck yeah! We can, like, go do shit!"

"Yes, doing shit is my favorite do to do."

They made more smores, spending most of their time talking and laughing rather than eating the delicious snack. Every once in a while, they had to continue to fuel the fire, and they came close to forgetting to do that and letting the fire burn out completely. When they finished making all of their smores, Sean went back inside his house, leaving Mark to his own devices for a few minutes. When he finally made his way back outside, he had a radio in his hand.

"The only radio I use is a car radio." Mark smirked.

"My parents use this every once in a while." Sean shrugged, setting it down on the ground next to the smore ingredients.  Mark wondered why he didn't just find a table to bring out with him, but he didn't really mind. They both got out of their chairs and laid on the grass, looking up at the dark sky that was filled with tiny little dots. As Sean turned on the radio, static was the first thing they heard. He fiddled with it, trying to find anything good to listen to.

"–nothing but death do us part... She wants to dance like Uma Thurman, bury me–"

"Sorry, Patrick. I still love you." Sean quietly whispered, Mark unable to catch what he had said. He turned the dial and changed the station.

"–Hello, hello, hello! With the lights out, it's less dangerous, here we are now–"

"Entertain us..." Mark sung along, making Sean giggle. Though he wanted to hear more of Mark's singing, he decided to change the station again.

"A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Night Vale."

"The fuck is a 'Night Vale'?" Sean asked, raising one eyebrow.

"I have no idea." Mark replied, scratching his head in confusion. Though they both were curious about what they just heard, they wanted to listen to music, so they had no choice but to change the station once again.

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do, yeah, they were all yellow."

"Alright, we can listen to this." Sean suggested, seeing as how it fit what they were doing. Mark nodded in agreement, and they looked up, hearing nothing but the soft sound of the music playing.

"–I wrote a song for you, and all the things you do, and it was called 'Yellow.' So then I took my turn, oh what a thing to have done, and it was all yellow."

"Thanks for, uh, inviting me, Sean."

"It was no big deal, Mark."

"N-No, really, I'm glad I came. I loved sitting by the fire with you and making smores, an-and this." He motioned to the sky that was nearly engulfed with stars. Mark would never admit it, for he'd trying to keep his 'manly reputation,' but he was an absolutely sucker for stars. He easily fell in love with their beauty, and he adored the simplicity that masked the more intricate meaning of everything. Honestly, he never would've imagined that he'd be watching the stars with his best friend, but now it's happening, and he's undoubtedly enjoying it.

"Well, I wouldn't want t' be doin' this with anyone else." They both smiled, a slight blush creeping up onto Mark's face. However, it was light enough that Sean couldn't see it.

"–You know I love you so. I swam across, I jumped across for you. Oh what a thing to do."

Sean yawned, "You should stay the night. We can just camp out in the living room."

"Uh, what about your bedroom?" Mark blushed more intensely at the realization at what he had said. "I mean, you sleep there, don't you? I can just take the couch."

"No, Mark, it's fine! I have two couches, so we can just sleep on both of them."

"You sure?"

"Hell yeah!" After that, they stayed silent, letting the song continue playing until the end.

"For you I'd bleed myself dry. It's true, look how they shine for you, look how they shine for you–" Marks breaths were shaky, his eyes now planted on Jack rather than the stars. Needless to say, he found beauty in him, too.

"Look how they shine for you, Look how they shine. look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and all the things that you do."

Sean yawned another time, turning off the radio and sitting up. Mark rubbed his eyes, sitting up as well. They didn't need to exchange words to know what to do next, so they grabbed everything Sean had brought out and headed inside, leaving the fire to stop burning on its own. When they finished putting everything away, Sean gave Mark a quick and poorly-done tour of his house.

"Night, ya wang." Sean said, falling down onto his couch.

"Night."

And with that, they slowly drifted off to sleep.