90|For Life

(EXACTLY THREE YEARS LATER)

Jordanne's POV:

It's 6am.

Stand-guard in prison is an hour earlier than it was in jail.

*Hate it*

We rise earlier when we deh home though...

*Still hate it*

I chuckle at my thoughts before I bring my attention back to the phone.

Ry's telling me how di morning already hectic because Junior have some kinda attitude wid her

Ry's telling me how di morning already hectic because Junior have some kinda attitude wid her.... Jniia doesn't want to be here for the week– she wah deh Jamaica... and how Rhyeem is the only child she can understand right now.

*Man calm and cool*

I would tell her why Junior a go through it , just to ease her mind... but that's between father and son.

"So we get off the jet and the likkle girl stomp gone towards the wrong car. Six years old and she a try have her own way already. She a complain say mi a make her miss Jamaica day," Ry' continues to complain.

Jniia's been back in general schooling since September and she loves it. Coming to New York mek she feel like we ago home school her again and from her actions alone you can see she nuh deh pon dat.

*Miss social*

Yeah...

The past three years have been... unstable, for lack of a better word, in regards to dem schooling and ting.

Junior has the privilege to miss school for weeks on end as long as he's present for the exams, etcetera.

Jniia as yuh know, started school but was pulled... so she did home schooling from anywhere Ry' is– here or Jamaica.

And Rhyeem? Rhyeem just ah enjoy life the way me see it.

Nothing bothers him... nuttin.

"You know who she reminds me of?" I bring the phone up to my face while pushing myself up from lying down, to sitting.

Ry' pauses, before rolling her eyes, "Who Jordanne?"

I smile at her while standing to move to the cell door.

"You," I find her eyes to focus on them. "Way you start complain and get miserable before anything is fully explained."

Her face shifts from annoyance to slight agreement at my words.

"Whatever Jordanne," she giggles. "It's 6:01am, go do weh you affi do," and with that she puckers her lips, dragging her camera towards them.

*Tell dem you a do the same thing bad man*

Buil...

The call ends a few seconds after that and–

"I dead thought your wife would leave you by now top dawg..."