69|Settle ||Part2

Cont'd

Mariah's POV:

I press the 'P' button in the elevator and enter the code requested to take me up. Yes... mi a take the elevator one single floor up.... a wah?

*Lazy*

Whatever enuh you...

It accepts the code and starts moving. Naturally, I start humming my favorite song right now...

"..... mmmmh hmm... but I knew Godddd would take them awayyyy... ohhh wuuuu oh wuuu oh oh," 🎶

I prip down at my phone just to check the time but as soon as I do, the elevator door opens up to the great room.... to one big commotion.

Immediately I start to reach for the close button 'cause me cya deal wid not another thing. Before I'm successful at the action, Suanne sees me...

"Rue you come for?" her eyes move to my hands, no doubt noticing I was trying to go back down.

"Yes..." I pull my hand away before walking out and towards her.

"Where is she and wah the noise fah?"

Surgeon coming around the bend from the kitchen, with Croc, answers a part of my question.

"Them in the room with Ms.Cherry," is all she says.

I watch as she turns and walks off down the hall, towards what I know to be Ry's room. My eyes move from her and to Croc who is now wincing from pain.

His hand is sporting no injuries so his wincing confuses me.

By the time me fi open mi mouth and ask... I see Ry' coming around the kitchen bend with her mother hooked to her arm.

"Shoulda kill yuh nasty bl**dclawt!" Ms.Janette sees Croc and tries to hurl at him.

Look how Ms.Janette a cuss clawttt.....

??????

*This nuh real*

"Mummy stop nuh!" Ry' yanks her back to her.

=

=

=

Ryleigh's POV:

"Why unuh have him 'round me?!" my mom turns to me with nothing but hate in her eyes.

*Never see her so worked up before...*

I look at Mark. He's silent, watching Surgeon observe the burn.

The story goes... he tried to touch mummy form behind and she grab him hand and bring it down to the open flame– pressing against the grills.

From Mark's point of view however, him say a reach him a reach over fi the pot 'cause mommy ah ignore him and no wah shift over. Him reach over the flame and hold on pon her fi just a millisecond and she start burn him up.

"Mommy if you uncomfortable me mek him leave right now..."

"No..." J's voice picks up after mine. "Me nuh want him outa me sight. No disrespect mummy Janette but unuh affi find a way fi co-exist until I feel good enough fi give him a  wider perimeter."

My mother looks at Jordanne and then to me...

I release her hands when I notice her face has softened.

"I'll leave then..." she mumbles, her tone holding defeat.

"You mad?" I counter.

"You can't leave either Ms.Janette. Now isn't the time fi everybody a try pull way... especially not in this city..." J' tries his best to explain it to her.