34|Intersection

(Following Morning.)

Jordanne's POV:

It's the morning of Marley's first sports day and the plan was for everybody to come out and support with the newly engaged couple.

*But... Jah know*

Well di man dem atleast...

Girl dem just did a come fi genuinely support Marley. None of them had any idea of Liam's plan.

*See if we did tell Ryleigh, she woulda atleast react badly so mi know it was a bad idea*

Real..

I look at my phone to see that it's minutes to 8am, before shifting my focus back to the traffic before me.

Junior and I are on our way to Ry's apartment, to get her and see the babies.

*According to Jniia she a "big girl"*

I come to a slow stop at the intersection just before her street now averting my eyes to the rearview mirror to glimpse at Junior.

"Wah time lata?" I ask, needing to know if him schedule change.

"5:30. Have training Wednesday to Saturday every week fi junior track this time ah year dadz"

True. Fi some reason me cya remember every single individual child's daily activities.

*Ry' would*

She would– naturally.

Jah Jah.

"Just ask Mum fi her task list" he suggests, laughing to himself after.

Man know she nah gimmi that sh*t. Last time me ask she say me must ask Taneece fi dat. Funny enough, whether I have it together or not she ago make sure everything gets done so the kids don't get affected.

*Girl just wah you understand say running the house anuh baby job*

Learn dat the first day lol.

"You ask her and bring it to me" I suggest an alternative, knowing me woman anuh idiot and will no doubt know why he's asking.

"Dadz... weh me woulda ah do with the baby dem schedule?" he laughs out.

"Worth ah try" I join his genuine laughter.

I really need her home. I haven't spoken to Sue or T' since she left so mi really deh pah mi own type ting. Only open mi mouth to the staff when I feel like it and Terry when she comes over.

*Man deh pon a hillside*

Pan a hillside yute...

It nuh bother me though. Reminds me of times before this when I would just stick to myself. The difference this time is that I'm really trying to work through my rooted issues without nuh toxic distraction.

*No sex, No liquor, minimum weed*

No sex.

No liquor.

Minimum weed.

I turn towards the complex gate. The guard recognizes me and immediately grants me access to her property.

I park in the spot designated to me before sending her a text letting her know I'm downstairs.

Me: Ready?

🫀: For

Me: Sports day?

🫀: Jordanne that's at 10am 🙃 Taneece nah emotionally support you memory or wah?