60| Salute

Following Day 1:18pm

Jordanne's POV:

Just like yesterday, I'm standing at her closet door waiting for her to get herself together.

The difference today is, she look like she ago mek di time fi real.

*Look like... key words*

I buckled her heels but apparently I didn't do it tight enough so right now she a struggle fi do it herself with the claws.

Stubborn.

"There... ready!" she chirps before walking over to me and planting a kiss on my forehead.

Today anuh wah chirpy day fi the killa, so me know she a try keep my mood up.

Appreciate dat... more than she knows.

I'm used to losing people but it's been a long time, a very long time since somebody's death shake mi dis much.

"Junior ready?" she queries, before stepping pass me.

"Yah get better at calling him Junior, love dat..."

"Trying yes," she walks before me, grabbing her bag from the bed.

I follow her lead.

"Everybody! Garage!... To the black Range!!!!!" her voice is glass shatteringly loud.

That car is the only one we have that has three rows.

*And you didn't want it*

Neva think it did necessary until now bad head.

By everybody, she means her mom, Junior, Mariah, Ms Cherry and our babies.

We get downstairs to more than just them.

Everybody is here waiting to pull out as one unit. Less than five minutes later we're all lined up and ready to leave.

=

=

Ryleigh's POV:

We're all seated in the church.

It's packed...

Neva know Ramone did this much for his old community. Literally everybody have a story dem wah share.

Know him fi years... and the way him quiet you wouldn't even think he was behind so many projects.

His niece is delivering a bible verse while the choir hums in the back.

Sue and my mom have the babies in the row just behind me. They've been quiet all this time and mi love that fimi. Ruse is in a wheel chair just beside Mariah in the row before us.

Junior is to my right at the end of my row....

.... just staring, while Lorelle is soaking my shoulder from the left, while holding onto Ramone's shirt.