83|Mistletoe

Cont'd (DEC.25th)

Ryleigh's POV:

"Ruuuueee!!!!" Mariah's screaming at her baby girl.

We've just completed the gift exchange between close family and friends at Sue's house.

*Like the old days...*

Sigh.

Everything just feels so nostalgic... a mi alone?

Bringing my free arm up to the shoulder of the next, I look around at everybody and their tiny families. A feeling of content washes my being, causing me to shift in order to fight back tears.

*Sighhh*

Leaning back into the couch, I take a deep breath before pulling my babies into me.

"Ah yeah..... Mum?" J's voice interrupts my worry free bliss. He's on the phone and has been on it all morning– minus the gift exchange hour.

I watch him wave Suanne over towards the library and in that same second his eyes find mine. With the phone still at his ear and his free hand just moving back to his side from waving her over– he winks at me.

*Belly flip!!! Belly flipppp!!!*

Was that from worry or love?

*Me yah ask?*

=

=

10:22am

I've been on the road for a quick hour trying to get the finishing touches done on townhouse that a newlywed should be moving into today.

"They loved it boss. Thanks for coming through 'cause the man dem only work fast when yuh deh yah," Hally's tone comes off appreciative.

I mean... ah my comoany, so if me nuh go then who will? I promised the husband that he'd be able to surprise his wife with a 'key-turn buy' on Christmas Day and that's exactly what I meant.

"I need to give you authority to let them go if them nah meet standards," I heave a sigh while pushing the door to the guest house open.

I'm in here to find Rhyeem's shoe for pictures. Ah the last place this me a look or else him a take it barefoot.

*Mi tyad*

I come across the wall mirror at the entrance and stop to admire myself...

*We noiiice, mi know*

"Alright Hally. Remember the Gala later is for networking and racking up donations. You're invited to the after party so just stay weh from the drinks until after. Mek the donors drink and lose focus."

"Mi know that boss, oh gosh man. I go on vacation with you one time and yuh think I'm a rum head?"

I giggle, "Yes..."

"Byyyyeeee," she laughs out. "Lata. I'm going to deliver the keys to the guy and go check on my mom before coming."

"Later," I offer her a simple response and with that I bring the phone from my ears to find the camera...

And boom.... just so, mi start take a cute video of myself like I don't have to go control my gremlins for the pictures I decided to get done at the appointed time.

*Yah do yuh best... to me*

I hope so...