4| The Team

Jordanne's POV:

" Tell her whatever yuh need fi tell her big man" I say clearly.

Man yah a annoy the f*ck outa me.

"She know nuttin no do her numbers, at this point even my seniors a ask why she no move up yet... anuh just she alone a wonder," Richard complains.

Nobody cya handle a situation demself these days. Dem always need my help.

J' this..

Danne that ..

Drip this ...

Jordanne that...

Really the only person weh supposed to a get my attention barely gets it these days.

We've been married for a year and what? ...four months?

*Mhmhm*

One year of bliss, mind blowing sex, trips, staying in New York, Jniia's birth... just complete euphoria.

*And?*

And four months of shock. The shock of finding out she was two months pregnant, four months ago. Think we been a live in a state of shock since then.

*Unuh good... yah overthink.*

Maybe...

*You need fi delegate more fi real too*

True... but can I? 

Me like things my way and if it no do properly, time is wasted and time is money.

Wah be like one a dem man deh. You know? The one dem from Ms.Janette likkle book dem. Them rich as f*ck but somehow always have free time?

*Man dem work fi two minutes per day and still wealthy killa*

Fit as f*ck but never train?

*Haha zero f*cking gym time*

Evillll and cold yuh f*ck, but somehow dem mental nuh shake???

*No therapy, no nuttin... just naturally balanced?*

Yeah mi wah give her that....

*Fairytale dat killa*

No joke, but I'm the closest to it and mahgo reach there– believe.

Anything fimi woman....

*Except her dream job?*

Yo buil...

"Yah hear me???" Richard's voice disrupts me... again.

"Hmmm" I offer.

"Yeah so wah the solution, cause right now the only sensible thing if yuh nahgo tell her, is for us to let her go..."

Love dat... I smile.

What? she can cry on my shoulders and I'll buy her, her own central bank or supm so she get over it.

*Jordanne...*

Okayyyyyy.... slipping back into Drip... I caught it.

"Nah, she'll leave on her own. Mi know me wife, she nah accept the f*ckry from you fi much longer"

I hear him hiss.

Man more frustrated than me. Baby's numbers must be impeccable.

Love dat... mi likkle brain box.