88|Try... All

March 19th

Ryleigh's POV:

It's day six of the trial. Onlyyyyy day six and I'm wearrrry.

*Lucky thing we man lead the weary eh?*

Be quiet.

They've been through three witnesses, two of which are police officers that J' has had encounters with here in New York and one who claims she was threatened for trying to take pictures of his license plate.

Mi nuh know how any of that prove say him commit acts in aid of a criminal organization but whatever dem seh...

"The prosecution would like to call our fourth witness, Kacia Millin to the stand," Holland speaks while shifting his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

*Millin*

My eyes start moving around the room at the mention of Paw's last name.

After sweeping the room, my eyes land on Xavier– his lawyer now whispering words I can't make out to him.

Liam is leaned all the way back in his chair, continuously cracking his knuckles while his lawyer's eyes are set on the courtroom door.

My eyes move from him to Jordanne...

He's calm.

*Neva expect nuttin else*

The door creaks open and both the court attendant and the Kacia person walks in. She's definitely Paw's relative 'cause...

She have him face...

*Not Paweisha*

Please, now anuh the time...

I watch her amble down the aisle behind the attendant– her body language exuding pure nerves. She has a cute deep red skirt suit on, as if a fi her court date. Her hair is cut low and her makeup is well done.

*The doll prepared*

When she takes a seat at the stand the tension among J', Slyme and Paw shifts. I watch as Paw lifts his hand to the desk, resting his elbow there before shaking his head in disbelief.

Jordanne finally shifts and I know that mild response is from him not foreseeing this person being here today.

Fi a small second, I was expecting her to place her hand on the Bible and swear, the way how she look well official and ready fi this.

*Must think a show*

Holland takes a minute to ask her, her name, her address and her age before kickstarting the real questions.

"Miss Millin, do you mind telling the court how you know the defendant and his co-defendants?"

She clears her throat lowly before her eyes find Xavier.

*Him still stuck ina disbelief*

Her eyes move from him and back to Holland, "Brother..." she basically whispers.

"Repeat that closer to the mic Miss Millin," he coaches her.

She shifts again, this time bringing her hand up her arms and her eyes to Jordanne. They linger for a second before she quickly refocuses on Mr.Holland.

"He's my big brother sir," she repeats her answer.

???

You know say though...

The things I've discovered since day anuh nothing normal.

"And the co-defendants, Mr.Liam Burkett and Mr.Jordanne Sheer?" Holland points to them respectively.