89|Verdict

Following Day

Jordanne's POV:

Mi nuh ina the mood this morning bad man. I keep zoning in and out of anger.

I made a bad f*cking decision and if Swift dem never forward fi check wah gwaan so long... I would've killed them.

Then wah?

*Nuh see why you vex. It was you or dem*

I hiss lowly and my fingers involuntarily move to the small bandage just above my left eye. I haven't twisted or leaned back for the entire hour that we've been here- just 'cause mi nuh wah Ry' see it right now.

*If anything she ago deh pah my side still*

Doubt that...

"Nahhh... I'm telling you. That's how we met. He called one night asking what typa baby daddy my baby daddy is fuh real sir lawyer," Cayshawn's babymother smiles.

Mek we call her CB 'cause I can't remember her name, even after two years. Today she's Holland's witness but I'm sure she nah forfeit her bag.

"Do you mind telling us more about that conversation?" Holland asks.

She nods and moves closer to the mic- as if she never almost a swallow fi ting...

"Well he asked me and I told him Cayshawn ain't never did much for me and my son. Yeah I'm a boy mom," she smiles. "He was always in them clubs and up and down with other ho- ummm, other girls."

"Keep it brief Miss Loc," Holland reminds her.

Yeahhhh Shauntiva Loc. Funny how I can remember her social security, her address, the date of birth... but not her f*cking name.

*Still ago call her CB*

Correct...

"You asked the question sir... Anyways so that was it. That was my first interaction with Mr.Cute voice."

I can already predict Ry's texts later tonight, badgering me 'bout 'which gyal dat.'

"Miss Loc do you know what a criminal is?"

"Please sir. I'm from Brooklyn ofcourse I know... watched mad amounts of snapped and criminal minds too."

"What's your understanding of a criminal?" Holland pushes further.

My eyes move to the clock... 10:03am

"Someone who has committed a crime. Evil people," CB speaks clearly and with confidence.

"Do you think Mr.Sheer fits that description based on the interaction from that morning?" Holland pushes even more.

"Sir I said no. Ya'll must be mistaking my AA vernacular for me being dumb. I went to BMCC okay? I know what you trynna do. He not running no crazy criminal organization... it's a charity organization if you ask me. Dem bitches!" she points at the state prosecution desk, "Ain't allowed my food stamps.."

"Miss Loc..." Holland tries to calm her down but she continues.

"Miss Loc you will behave in my court room," the judge speaks over her continuous yelling.