79| Fields

(September 29th)

Jordanne's POV:

"See him here," Miss Cherry says without looking to the stairway I'm descending.

"Dahdii, where is my sinack?" Jniia ready fi blow a fuse 'bout her food.

"Cya get that snack anymore, Rhyeem's allergic... fi the millionth time Jniia," I almost hiss but catch myself, remembering she is just a miserable toddler.

It's her third week in school an mi already feel like she a grow too quick.

*Well-well previous*

"But I not allerkik..." she points at her chest in confusion.

I shake my head in slight frustration, wishing them mother did deh here. They fall in line when she's around... or atleast they fall in line in the mornings when she's around...

The evenings are my thing, I know that schedule. By then I'm usually up for enough hours to tolerate anything in this world, especially three chatty mouth pikny at once, even through awful rush hour traffic.

But not the mornings... I need the mornings... for me.

When I get to the kitchen island, my hands grab a fruit plate from the batch Ry' left, ah wata and everybody's baggage before I lift Rhyeem.

"Farwud."

"Junior you take the fritters dem from the microwave?" Ms.Cherry questions.

"Sh*t..." he mumbles from just behind me while spinning to get back to the kitchen.

"Clean up yuh words Bad man," I speak, tone clear.

Ignoring him going back, I step out into the warm morning sun. A few birds that were probably nesting along the driveway trees fly off at our movement.

"Watch yuh step," I hold onto Jniia's hair, preventing her from running on the tiles that still have night dew at the top.

"Okay Dadz."

*Wah?*

What?

"Yuh just call me?" I peer down at her.

She drops her shoulders to slowly turn around and look up at me, "Junior seds dat all di day long..."

She seems confused.

I chuckle, "Junior have him own rule book." I step down and onto the driveway to walk towards Ry's Range Rover.

"Whatiz rule book?" she goes on and before I can answer that she has another set of words spewing. "Dahdii dis naht yourrr carrrr. Muhmii car."

"Jniia you ago make him explode," Junior's voice saves the morning.

He pulls her away and around to where her car seat is, strapping her in, while I do the same with Rhyeem.

I get done and hold my fist out for him to dap me up, "Don..."

"Don," he smiles, fi like the first time dis morning while connecting his tiny fist with mine.

*My G*

I get in, foot on the break, finger on the start button, all while easing the Glock on my waist into a more comfortable position for sitting. Bringing Ry's seat all the way back and outa the f*cking roof, I start pulling at the seat belt and checking her mirrors.

This girl?

If she affi drive so high and forward maybe she need Lasik surgery fi real.

*No joke*