85|He's Two

New York (January 15th)

Ryleigh's POV:

"Junior don't go so fast with her!" I shout while watching the speed he's pulling down on the ice-rink.

"Bend your knees," J' skates around my figure,causing me to almost slip.

*Bend we knees. We can do that atleast*

I smile and follow the instructions. No matter how many times I come here after years... mi just cyaa do it good. I can handle myself and that's about it.

"Just nuh force it..." he adds while stooping to allow Rhyeem to do the same.

After a few tries, I finally get the hang of it again and just like that we're all slowly moving around the rink, paying keen attention to the babies.

We brought Rhyeem to an indoor trampoline park earlier for his birthday and while on our way home J' wanted to stop here- Bryant Park.

This rink is close to our hearts just for the fact that my first trip here while we were younger, we would come in the evenings to just watch.

*Doll did fraid somebody blade cut her*

No 'cause at any moment somebody can turn them shoes into a weapon.

More minutes pass and by now the kids are all off to the side with Ms.Cherry- eating and chatting...

... but not us.

Jordanne and I are skating as a unit, trying our best to ignore the elephant in the room.

Tomorrow is the day.

The day that he will turn himself in. There is no warrant out for his arrest yet... but they do have questions they say need answering based on evidence gathered and witness claims.

From what's on the flash drive, they have alottttt of evidence against his father. Our lawyers have spent months behind the scenes trying to separate him from his Robert and coming up with ways to counter all the evidence listed on the drive... but there is only so much they can do.

My mind flashes to Lenard's funeral and I quickly suppress the crippling memory.

The salute...

The flags...

The singing...

"You good?" J' picks up on my mood shift.

Sigh...

I shake my head 'NO' in response while gripping his hands tighter. He uses that opportunity to pull me into him.

Almost slipping, I grip him even tighter, hanging onto his shoulder while we move.

"Got you," he reassures me while making sure I'm firm on my feet before we pick up the pace again.

"Don't overthink tomorrow. We know all the possible outcomes and are prepared for each one. Nuh want it ruin the rest of the night..." he trails off.

I stay silent... just fighting my thoughts.

"Love?"

"Yes. I heard you..." I mumble while he slows us down to a complete stop.

My glossy eyes find his and I swallow while my throat gets heavy. Bringing his lips to my forehead, he leaves a long kiss.

"No crying pon eh camp." - Jordanne

"No crying pon eh camp." - Ryleigh

Us saying the same phrase simultaneously throws us into slight laughter and once again, we're off- skating alongside each other with the weight of tomorrow's decision looming in the air.