70|Round Table

Cont'd

Keif's POV:

Here we go people, is afta hours and mi deh another one of these. We already know how the last big meeting went... now we have added members, not to mention, added and heightened emotions.

*You ask the man fi the ting?*

No enuh... dah man deh wah suga and mi nuh have it pah me right now...

"Govah nuh gyal," Mariah taps me, begging for a spot beside me on the short couch.

In the art room now stands... Danne, who has Ry' to his left, as per usual.

Slyme and Paw are to his right. Beside them stands Ryan, Joshua and Toni-Anne. Those seated are Ruse, aunty Sue, aunty Janette, Lorelle, Muuch, Kelly, Mariah, Moya, Shan and myself.

My eyes move from that side of the circle to the opposite side. Standing to form that side is Ry's father, Surgeon, Ruse, Troopa, Snoop, Buckle and Junior.

For a brief second my mind wonders if Ms.Cherry feels left out?

*Doubt dat*

Her job is her job I guess, somebody has to oversee the children.

My eyes leave Junior and moves back to Ryleigh, who look like she nuh wah deh yah at all. Her body language prompts me into slight anxiety because she rarely ever looks like that with everybody around....

.... with her mad man around especially. She would usually be happy even if the world was crumbling.

I look to T' to try to read her expression but she seems fine as well. She ova deh a rub Joshua hand like all is well.

I look around the room, trying to figure it out before Danne open him mouth... but I come up empty.

The only people that look uneasy are Aunty Janette, Lorelle and Kendra-Shan.

*Wid good reason*

I sigh slightly, giving up on trying to read the room. Affi just mek the people dem talk dem talk....

... And as if on cue Danne says his first word.

"We a move go Venezuela..." Danne speaks, leaving everybody silent and most of all confused.

Ry' looks at him before giggling, her mood shifting completely.

"Oh... Neva know unuh can keep quiet and dem style deh..... No moving nah happen, but once again me need everybody fi have everything in the open before me say weh me affi say."

"Rasss," Mariah mumbles to herself.

I look to her beside me, noticing her face is mimicking the reaction of somebody that's seen a ghost or supm.

*Eh gyal a hide supm*

"Anybody wah start it?" he asks in a calm, welcoming tone.

*That nuh happen often... the tone*

I raise my hands...

*Get it over with*

All eyes fall on me.

Them curious though, I don't have a thing to put on the table..."Mi just a say me no have much fi say... so we can skip me."

"Girl..." T' laughs, before glimpsing at Kelly, "Me good too, well, we good if I can speak for them..." she refers to Josh and Kellz.

Like 'Keep it poppin' everybody with something to say speaks to clear their minds.

Lorelle is depressed as we figured, Aunty Sue just out of it likkle same way, Junior good, the works....