39| Rent Free

March 16th(Full Month Later)

Jordanne's POV:

My eyes pop open before the alarm gets a chance to do it's job. I don't shift, instead I stay still gathering the day's schedule in my mind.

Gym.

Drop Junior off.

Board Meeting.

Site Visit in New Kingston.

Marketing Meeting.

Pick Up Junior.

Late Team Meeting.

Terry.

*Eat somewhere in deh so killa*

Obviously....

I take a deep breath, staring at the ceiling thinking about the one single habit I can't shake. I've been focused on my sessions, my kids and myself but if–

My alarm goes off and my hands find the phone immediately shutting it off without looking.

Rolling out of bed, I start my reasoning wid the man above for the day.

Moments later I'm descending the stairs with Junior and Ms. Cherry in slight view.

He's ready, as usual.

*Man ontime*

"Farwud" is the only word that leaves my lips when I get to the living area.

I watch him hug his aunt before following my lead outside the house.

The ride to his school is silent, like it usually is. Neither of us are morning people, that's his mother's thing.

*Real*

"Yah come a the match later?" his question pulls my attention from the road shortly.

I look at him.

"Table tennis?"

"Yup... 3:15" he says the time.

Hmmm.

Board meeting, site visit, cancel marketing meeting to replace it with his match, drop him off, late team meeting then Terry.

"Mah pass through," I assure him.

The mood in the car shifts, finally.

"Mum ago be there t–"

"Who unuh a play?" I cut him off to avoid the subject change.

"Deven memba the punk dem name. Just know we nah lose" he laughs proudly.

I join him.

*Man cocky yuh f*ck*

Turning on the street to his school, we continue the conversation about the rival teams from my time till now.

I didn't get to continue with much extracurriculars after like third form, so listening to him enjoy it now makes me nostalgic.

'Yuh cya balance so much' would be my father's words to me when I wouldn't make it to team training on the field or the safe house ontime after school.

"Come outa me car bad man," I pull down to a stop near to the school's entrance.

"Man can put me out so?" he claps back "3:15..." he stresses the time.

I nod, watching him walk off before I pull off, heading to office.

=

1:54pm