50| The Point

(Following Morning)

Ryleigh's POV:

"Rhyeem leave the bathroom papa" I look down at him, gently shaking him from my legs.

I don't know what it is about the penthouse but the babies cling to me a lot more when we're here.

*Like it haunted*

Relax...

He doesn't even shift from my leg... shake or not, him decide say him a hook on pon him mother.

I sigh, giving up on getting him to leave.

"Hair nah kill him Ryleigh, just cut it with him there. I use to do hair wid yuh pah mi side" my mother instructs me from my phone screen.

Ughhh...

I decide to listen and continue snipping at the ends of my hair that are... dead. With each snip my heart breaks a little.

*Nuh know why 'cause a yuh mek it heat damaged..*

Whateva...

"Cut more" my mom's voice stabs me.

"Okayyyyy, mi a tryyy" I whine.

I take a very deep breath, and decide to just chop it.

It'll grow back.

I've been bald before and this is just a little bob.

"Good, now just wash it and blow it out. If you ago straighten it for the presentation then use the heat protector so yuh no cry when it damaged again next year"

I roll my eyes at her blunt words.

"Okay mummy, I will" I snicker, knowing I probably will now... but won't once I get clip-ins again.

*SMH*

"Do you like it papa?" I look down at Rhyeem who instantly hides his face and starts laughing.

*Shame*

I start laughing too.

"Think yuh easy?" I drop the scissors, drag the cape from around my neck and wash my hands.... all to lift him.

*Clingy like*

Walking with him on my hips, I move stealthily to Lorelle's room just to check on her.

The new excuse now is that she's on her period.

I slightly push the door to find her sound asleep with 'white noise' playing over the ceiling speakers.

*Must be nice*

Stepping back into the passage, I gently pull her door up before turning.

"Ah!" I shriek causing Rhyeem to scream too. "Wahm to you Jordanne? Put some sound to you footsteps" I complain.

"Do that more while, other times mi just cya bother," he smiles, taking Rhyeem from me.

It takes him a moment to realize a good five to six inches of my hair is gone.

"Wah gwaan deh so?" he quirks a brow while throwing Rhy around his neck.

*Health*

"It's healthy now. Just cut it" I bring my hand up to shuffle it around while performing a 360° spin.

He scoffs.

"Grow it back. Mi like when it long enough fi wrap and pull," he smirks, dropping his eyes to my waist.