37| Yellow House ||Part2

Jordanne's POV:

Drowning out everybody as they speak right now.

My sole focus is on the entry path from the parking lot back to the field.

More and more people are showing up for the second half of the day, Joshua among the few. I look to the four corners of the field to double check for the shadow guards, then back to Marley who is now with a group of toddlers just doing what they do.

I look back to my phone, anticipating her reply. Duh know if she a stay in the car or if she's coming back.

*Yuh cya so obsessed?*

Why not?

"Man look so tired?" Joshua directs his question to me.

"Nuh sleep di angel dem nuh grant me last night" I respond.

*When last yuh sleep good though?*

Earlier.

The memory pulls a small smile to my face and I look back to the pathway just in time to see her making her way back.

She looks, uncomfortable... like she usually does in unfamiliar crowds.

*Or when she's holding onto something she can't keep secret*

I keep my eyes on her. Her hair is tied loosely at the top since I ruined the low one she had this morning. Her shades, a black T-shirt with a single yellow abstract line going down and over her right breast.

*Sure dah shirt deh a mine*

Girl really cut me shirt???

My head does an involuntary shake of disbelief.

My eyes drop further below her waist... cargo jeans with white Dior Obliques on her feet.

*The way man affi convince her earlier to pick the cargo ova the tights ting*

Crazy...

She notices my eyes on her and smiles. I watch her stop at her friends before–

*She a come to we?*

Seems suh...

*Why yuh nervous?*

Anxious.

Why am I anxious fi real? Like the first couple months of getting to know her while we were younger.

*Man anxious ova him own woman?*

"Marley ago run again?" Paw's voice cuts through my thoughts.

Slyme looks up from his phone for once before saying "Think a it that fi the day fi him enuh. Him mother supposed to know fi sure though"

'Him mother' Anuh 'baby mada supposed to know' again.

*Shift quick*

Ry' falls into my lap. Woulda say out of nowhere but I knew she was coming.

"Hi..." she smiles.

"Bay pikney deh yah and look pah dem two yah" Joshua laughs out.

She pushes her shades up to her forehead, rolling her eyes at him. He laughs even more.

Her eyes avert to me.

"I want to go get Junior later.... alone," she starts.

Why?

"Why alone?" I share my curiosity.

"Feel like him need fi say supm to me that he can't when you're around," she breathes." Just come back a Town yesterday and I think he expected to be staying with me right away?"