18| Why?

Toni-Anne's POV:

"Allow her to speak" Joshua's voice comes stern and commanding.

I fall into place, bringing my legs up into the couch. The only person that can bring these emotions out of me is him..

Joshua...

"Nuh understand why you keep on ago back to her-" Kelly speaks.

"I'm... I don't KEEP going back Kel-"

"ALLOW HER TO SPEAK... Toni-Anne" Joshua repeats.

"Thanks babe..." she nods at him softly .... appreciative.

My blood boils.

*You too likkle bit and own way enuh goodz*

I've expressed to her that we're just friends though....

"Me understand say Joshua nuh have a problem with whatever you do with women... but I do, 'cause I'm a woman. Why you cya understand that, only God himself know" she grumbles while grabbing a cushion to bring to her chest.

*Fighting the tears*

"I have like a string a woman andddd man weh a wait fi me lift up" she adds, voice now cracking.

Most of my friends mistake her tears for being soft, but what it really is, is her controlling her emotions without getting physical.

Cya fight...

..But her hand dem straight yuh f*ck. I can't tell you how many pieces of art I've had to replace. How many broken glass I've had to clean, how many knives have flown too close to my face.

"Babe..." I trail off.

She shoots me a deadly glare.

Sigh...

"We're not together for real Kelly. I just like to see you squirm and-" Aliah tries.

"Why she still dehhh yah???" she hisses, before throwing herself back into the couch.

Joshua brings his glass to his lips, watching for my reaction.

"Cause yuh no believe me, so she can tell you"

"So me ago believe she?" she starts laughing.

I doooo notttt know how fi handle relationship issues. Swear to you. Just wah let her inside my head and heart so she can know the only girl I want is her.

I just don't know how to express it... never have.

"You nah remember say you cheat wid her like two years ago?" she adds, looking around the room. "A mi alone memba?"

I get it....

Fully understand

*So?*

I don't know. Aliah is like... that one ex you have weh you call every three months fi torment. Don't even act self righteous, you know exactly weh mah say...

*Then mi nuh must know... I'm you*

I don't even know if I should answer her question, 'cause as soon as me open me mouth Joshua shut it.

I open my lips to answer but Joshua says "T'...."

See?

I bring my legs further to my chest.

"So weh yah say is yah choose your friendship with her ova me??" she asks...

*We fi answer?*

Me yah ask?