61|Bond

Nb: "This is probably the only time I'll share Paecyn's POV during this book. Key word Probably, 'cause I don't like the sexual innuendos in the comments. Allow me to develop their friendship before ya'll ship them. Not sure if I'll do a third book... doubt it, so I'm testing this chapter." 

=

(August 26th)

Ryleigh's POV:

"I know I can't do nuttin without heavy supervision right now so I was thinking maybe she could come with us?" Junior is standing before me telling me why he wants to take P' to Megamart.

MegaMart enuh....

Two, twelve year olds behind me in a supermarket? 

*Disaster* 

Imminent disaster.

I zone him out, my mind now on how cold his room is. Nuh know what his obsession is with cosplaying New York in his room. 

*Madness*

I look at the likkle boy who is almost my height.

As mature as everybody thinks they are once they hit high school, it's never really that once we actually grow up and look back.

"Me come in here fi you laundry sir... not for you to convince me to be the chaperone fi you supermarket date."

"A nuh wah date Mumz," he throws himself onto the bed.

*What a big blush* 

Right...

"Then why yah throw yourself pon the bed and a behave so?" I release a high pitched laugh.

He sighs...

"Wah happen to your other friends? They don't want to accompany us to the supermarket too?"

He laughs...

.... And so do I.

*'Cause who him a fool?* 

"Yah mek this hard." 

I know...

I'm not sure how to mother a teenager. Especially a pre-teen that I'm super protective of.

Walking over to his bed, I shove the basket to his pillows before sitting down.

*Yeah maddaaa* 

I'm trying to remember what my mother told me...

*Stay away from every man, her exact words* 

Did I do dat? Absolutely not. I did the complete opposite.

*So maybe not that approach with Junior then...* 

Jesus be a fence...

"Umm–" I start.

He looks at me, immediately realizing what's going to happen.

"Oh God, noooo," he whines before bringing one of his cushions over his face.

*We nuh wah do this eeda enuh sir* 

I grab the cushion from him, trying to remain serious.

"Junior if you like her that's fine. You're at the age where it's fine to develop a crush... but you're also at the age where curiosity is at its peak so–"