53| Calm C

Cont'd

Ryleigh's POV:

I'm here, but I'm not even here. I should wake up from this dream soon right? It has to be one a dem coma dream deh from the last time...

...Because dis cyaaaa real.

"Ryleigh see if you can calm her down please," David's voice jolts me from denial.

Lorelle....

Lorelle is whaling in the middle of David's private office. It's almost midnight but the hustle and bustle outside of the office is still in full effect.

*Kingston nuh rest*

Thank God? Because people would definitely think we have a psych patient, the way she screams out at certain points.

*Why are you being insensitive?*

I....

I don't know...

*Well it's not like you*

I know...

I heave a sigh and decide to walk over to her. She's been in and out of consciousness since I broke the news to her.

"Mi know a yah so we woulda affi tell her cause she couldn't manage," Muuch speaks- eyes dazed, just as lost as Lorelle seems to be but with much more composure.

I kneel down and take Relle from David's arms. He has threatened to inject her several times since we got here.

"Ry- leeeigh" her voice barely carries my name.

Her eyes blood red...

Her nose snotty...

Her lips trembling.

I can almost feel the regret of her decision from three months ago weighing us both down. It's unspoken but we both have words of it written in our eyes.

I hug her like a baby, still on my knees. My hands find her hair and she moves into me like a child.

"Remember when we used to seh, if we don't get married we would marry each other and have a mansion full of babies from random men that were cute enough?" I whisper the words to her.

Her sobbing picks up but I feel her nod slightly.

"And how we would home school them so they would be exact replicas of us?"

She brings her face up.

"And not their fathers..." her words break through the raw pain.

I smile.

"And not dem daddy," I agree with her, remembering our naive promise.

I rock her while Michelle continues to have abstract conversations with herself to our left.

The memory seems to soothe her for a while... but not too long before she starts crying again.

"I didn't want to do it. Why you neva talk me out of it... I- I didn't want to do it," she pulls into me tighter.

*Talk to her before me diss her enuh Ry'*

Be quiet.

My own tears are about to surface...

The pain in her voice alone ah tear me down.

*The pain in Jordanne's voice*

*The pain and panic in his parents' voice- no doubt on a flight to Jamaica right now*