19| Intertwined

Ryleigh's POV:

It's been a full week of trying to get back to normal. 

As if them neva kidnap me man....

As if I didn't have a baby in my bathroom, get shot and then dream fi three days.

*And you man might a gi you bun*

Nuh believe that...

If me fi believe that fi a minute everything get f*ck...

*Ait... alright Ryleigh*

Yeah...

"Yah listen me?" Lenard's voice brings me from my thoughts.

"Mhmmm" I lie.

"No... you're not. Listen 'cause you know him nuh like work with me"

Correct, Jordanne hates having to get information from him.

"I'm listening" I meet his stare, before bringing the laptop monitor slightly forward.

"Gwaan again"

"Enough of what the FBI a look into... 'cause you just a dead fi hear bout your thing," he laughs lightly.

"I can't get the messages back without applying something to his phone, using the work system... and yuh nuh want that, 'cause anything incriminating weh ever cross him iCloud in the past or the coming future ago get picked up as well"

"Oh..." I mumble, disappointed.

My fingers move to pick up the pen just inches away from my mug. I bring it to my lips, only to start chewing on the top.

"He showed me the messages... I just.." I start, then stop to look at my door.

Hally's body fills the entrance, she's holding my Starbucks order and a bunch a papers weh look like dem ago stress me.

"So yuh nuh trust you man?" he continues.

I bring my fingers to my lips, asking him to be quiet before moving my eyes back to the door.

"How much million paper that me affi sign Hally?" I ask her.

"Yuh know Jamaica nuh reach the E-signature stage ina everything yet... me highlight weh yuh fi sign but I know you like to read everything anyways" she moves closer to my desk, resting the cup down before handing me the stack of stress.

Days like this me miss BOJ....

*I mean you maternity leave dry up and done long time but you still have sick/vacation days left.. before it's official* 

I duh know why Richard nuh just accept the resignation and stop try stretch out me thing. I should speak to the chairman directly...me just nuh wah put him ina no problem.

"Gimmi dem yah man... you set up the interview for the new property manager?"

"Yes... I added it to the calendar, you haven't checked?"

No...

She moves around my desk and my eyes dart to Lenard before I slam the laptop shut.

*Girl...*

Cya trust nobody....

*Hally too? ...bye lol*

"I didn't" I confirm, moving to bring the cup of coffee to my lips. "But I'll look once me do these, thanks boo"

She smiles and moves back from around the desk to start exiting the office. My office space is tiny but cute. I wanted it on this complex specifically because it was my first one.