9| This Sunday

Jordanne's POV:

"Why?" she asks.

"She's the best at what she does," I try to explain as calm as possible.

*Ah try me best nuh stress her*

"Oh?"

"Yeah..." I quickly reply, giving her no time to argue.

"Do yuh ting enuh Danne" she adds, lifting her swollen feet into the couch.

From you hear the 'Danne' you know a it that...

*That with you, why didn't you tell her from before* 

Wouldn't have changed my mind regardless. Lizz is literally offering the best blueprint for the buildings.

I know 'cause I looked at it myself.

"Why you couldn't do it yourself? you have the same degree and experience"

No we don't....

We have the same degree, not the same experience. She's conceptualized buildings with access to proper terrain and endless first world materials. While I did it with half of that in Jamaica...

Nah brag, but my experience better...

*So why?*

Why me explain say me keep people close to me?

*Alright... explain that to your wife then*

Maybe after labour.....

"You're about to hire your ex girlfriend... and mi fi good wid that all in the name of business?" she laughs without a trace of humor.

"Love... you don't trust me?" I ask, genuinely.

Literally nah do nothing disloyal...

*Except–*

Yeah except that.... blah blah

"I do, but you've been very sneaky Jordanne. The phone 24/7... Richard... now this."

You wah me slip back into my old ways and start f–"

"Buil... mah be real wid you. Swear once everything settles yahgo understand," I move down to kiss her.

She doesn't shift away but doesn't look pleased about me being in her personal space either.

"Mah go fi a run" I whisper in the crook of her neck.

*Stop try mek di girl weak to yuh bredda, how unuh say a me a the evil one?* 

Too late.

She releases a sigh.... the type of sigh I know all too well. A smirk creeps onto my lips.

"Move nuh..." she whines, breathy.

Mine....

"Wahm to the treadmill?" she queries "It's like like 51°F (11°C) outside"

"Good temp that fi December, just wah get some fresh air" I explain "have on the thermal dem still"

"Mmmkay... you're so Caucasian right now," she rolls her eyes "don't take forever"

I stoop down and find her stomach, planting kisses all over it. I look up to see her smiling real smiles.

Finally.

"Soon drop back," I say before leaving.

In less than three minutes I'm telling the doorman I should be back in forty minutes.