58|Rebuild

Ryleigh's POV:

It's been three days post ki–

Post k–

*Post kill*

I swallow, unable to get the thought from my subconscious to the forefront of my brain.

I bring my right hand back up to my mouth, shoving the toothbrush back and forth against my teeth– trying to get all the kids out... that didn't come out by me spitting a million times.

*Limit!*

Jordanne is making it a point by f*cking me in each room I ruined. So each time the cleaners and builders get done with a room, he christens it with my screams.

*Me love dat fi we*

Same.

I laugh a little before spitting the toothpaste from my mouth and moving to rinse. Seconds later I'm using the tongue scraper to further clean my tongue before wrapping up my oral session with a gargle of the mouth wash.

I look up at myself in the mirror... and before the usual thoughts of me slicing the throat of the only parent my friend has known for years flashes to my mind, I step back and exit the bathroom.

I start moving to exit the room and as soon as I'm out the door I can hear J' singing the lyrics to a Masicka.

"Tell dem me firmer this time, dem lef me hearrrrttt bruk"🎶 he sings to the sound of 'March On'.

*Sigh*

Everybody should be over soon from the guest house at the back and the entertainment house next door, to join us for lunch– since the entire second floor has been refurbished.

Just a likkle backyard chill before we all have to face the reality of planning for Ramone's funeral.

Mi nuh pay nobody no mind from the very minute Jordanne came home days ago. The only persons with emotional access to me are him, my kids and my mother.

*Consumed as f*ck*

Very much so.

I get to the bottom of the stairs and move around the bend to find the most wholesome scene playing out before my eyes.

"A me son alone mi see and starrrr struck" 🎶 Jordanne continues the lyrics to the song while holding Rhyeem up above his head– his tiny hands grabbing at his father's face.

Junior is busy loosening Jniia's hair since she's been crying all week long to match his hairstyle.

Mommy finally agreed fi give her the style...

*Bruk bad crew*

I get to them– J' and Rhyeem.

He brings Rhyeem down before looking down at me– eyes reflecting the lyrics.

"Nuff restless nights ina di past. Mind pon me family me tell yuh every time"🎶 his lips find my forehead, pulling a smile from me.

I take Rhyeem and pick a fur from his hair. Mommy giim him first set ah canerow and it's safe to say a time fi it pull out now.

Jordanne steps back and starts moving to the kitchen. I follow his direction but move to the pantry instead of the island where he's headed.

I get inside the pantry and pull out fruit snacks for all three babies.

*Two baby Ryleigh... two. Junior ago ina second form next month*