74|ICE-Scream

(Cont'd)
Jordanne's POV:

FLASHBACK:

"Do dat again fimi yute," my father's callous voice lands, sending a wave of nerves throughout my body.

I hesitate... for too long it seems because what comes next is a shove.

I stumble forward.

"You want yuh name Drip?" he questions.

*I don't want the name but who ago say that?*

Me...

*Like you mad... just nod*

I do as my mind tells me.

"So if you wah live up to the name, shoot," he speaks to me calmly.

He's never had much reason to shout, my father. The few times I've heard him raise his voice was to my mom.

"Yah fifteen, you've done this countless times before, wa'ah the problem now Drip?" he begins another question.

Before us is a woman. A woman that he says has been stealing keys of cocaine from the piers only to replace them with dough, while blaming the loss on the Columbians.

"Pull the trigga Danne..." he almost whispers.

The woman is trying to mumble something to me but ofcourse I can't make it out.

*And we nuh need to...Pull the trigger before we affi do another hundred runs through the course*

Not wanting to climb walls or endure the smoke room back to back, I take a deep breath... staring the lady in the eyes...

... I quiet my breathing, focus and select.

The power jerks me back a little but not enough to shift my stance in anyway.

*Dat is ittt*

My eyes are fixated on the woman...

A female...

With a family maybe?

She didn't get a chance to even gap. The impact of the metal to her skull granted her immediate death.

My eyes drop from her to the gun in my hand. It's been less than two seconds since I pulled the trigger and I can feel the fight between what my mother teaches daily versus what my father does.

I bring the gun down...

There is cheering... from all his guys that are to the side of the field watching.

*First female kill... proud ah you*

My father's hand finds the back of my head before he starts to slap it proudly.

"Mi bwoy... yuh ago ruthless to a different level. Between us..." he quiets his voice to where only I can hear it "I failed that test with my father years ago... and I was 17," he chuckles.

All I can do is blink...

"Drip that mon... Killa," Skulli steps up to us, dapping up my father excitedly.

"Robert why you mek him do it so young?" my mother is walking across the field angrily towards them.

"Peppery," Skulli laughs while turning to find my mother's figure.