73|Cherry Ice-Cream.

(Following morning)

Ryleigh's POV:

"Mohmii Mahlee sed school...Mohmii! school!" Jniia is tugging at my slacks talking about school while I'm trying to feed Rhyeem.

I remove one hand from his head whilst still holding his bottle of porridge up for him. The now free hand comes down to hold Jniia's head.

I notice that she's on her tablet with Marley and Rue's faces on the screen.

"You soon get fi go school Jniia. When we get back to Jamaica okay?" I speak to her direct, without any 'baby pitch' or random excuses.

She stares up at me confused, "This is nahtt Jahmacuh?"

"This is New York Cupcake, New York," I offer her a genuine smile.

She shrugs and looks to the tablet, still leaning onto my leg.

"Mohmii sed... this is Nou 'Ork ..." she looks at them.

"Okayyy," Rue drags her response in a solemn tone.

"Tomorrow?" Marley asks.

Jniia looks up at me for confirmation. My brain thinks about what to say, I'm not sure when we'll go home. I also need to call Junior's school to make them aware.

"Muhmiiiii???" Jniia starts the tugging again while I'm spaced out.

Before I'm able to reply Rhyeem sends his bottle cover to her face.

"Ahwuh!"

"Rhyeem weh you get strength to give trouble likkle boy?" I look down at him, noticing the bottle is damn near empty. "You can hold your own bottle then," I roll my eyes before slowly leaving the bottle in his hands for him to finish.

I turn to Jniia, lifting her in my arms for her to face me.

"Marley, Rue..... She will be there next week okay?" I assure them.

"Okay aunty Ry'"they both blabber in unison.

"Tell them bye," I shift my focus to Jniia.

She shoves her head into my shoulders, no doubt ready to cry.

"Tell them bye Cupcake," I repeat myself but this time with much more gentleness.

She holds her hand up, her head still dropped to my shoulders.

"Byyye..."

"Bye Jniia," Marley bids his adieu

"Nexxx Weeeeh!" Rue adds her statement....

... And just like that my babygirl starts crying.

"Do her?" J's voice comes at the door, shifting the mood in the room, for all three of us.

"Just see Marley dem a school..." I turn to him while tapping her back.

J' walks over. It's his shift to watch Rhyeem since we're both too paranoid to leave him whether alone or with anybody else right now.

He reaches his hand out for Jniia and without a second thought, I hand her to him. I watch as he holds her up and out before him, just above his face in the air.

"No crying pon eh turf..." he starts.

She starts crying even more, held in the most awkward air position.

*The poor baby*

"Jordanne..." I attempt to protest.

He brings her down to him at the sound of my voice.