6| Brunch B*tchez!!! ||Part2

Cont'd

Ryleigh's POV:

Toni-Anne moves towards Kelly who is now halfway to the exit. Aliah smirks and suddenly I regret blurting her name.

Trouble maker from Andr–

"Go fi dem" Lorelle blurts out to me, her volume fighting with the music.

I have everybody's phone in my purse for safe keeping, so them storming off ah create problem right now, when it's almost time to leave.

*What tuh do?*

I look to Michelle and she waves me off, as if to tell me to handle it 'cause she's busy.

*I duh wah you interfere*

...And I don't want to, but the phones are already out, ready to snap videos. If mi nuh know anything mi know dem looooooove send a girl's quarrel to the media.

*Light speed*

Deciding to toggle to J's chat, I send him a quick text letting him know we're gonna be ready soon.

I hiss and stand again. This time I move towards the exit to find Kelly and T'. I get to the entry way but don't see them still. I check the top of the stairway...nobody. I move to the elevator to go check if they made it to the lobby of the hotel.... I still see no signs of them.

*We wah pee again enuh babes*

Jesam... really???

Fighting the urge to release, I make my way to the underground parking lot. It's smaller than a usual lot so it shouldn't take me much time to cover.

I spin, trying to remember where she parked.

*Mommy brain a kill yuh*

I.....

*Deep corner to the exit*

The memory prompts me to move towards it, hoping to find them having a nice decent conversation.

But...

Instead of that happening...

Lenard steps in view.

"Ry' yah avoid me for?" he questions and I immediately start swinging my head around for the shadow guards.

I see two. One to the exit I was walking towards and one just behind me. My slight panic subsides and my hand naturally moves to my bump.

Lenard's eyes follow before he says "Again?"

I smile..... softly but not genuinely.

"Weh yuh want Lenard?" I ask staring at him deadpan.

*Girl me wah peeeeeee*

I wiggle my legs to relinquish the bladder thought.

*Watch yah, alright*

In the time it took me to slowly check the entry way, stairway, lobby and now the parking lot– 15 minutes have already flown by.

As much as I do low intensity cardio in the gym, I still can't move fast. Nuh know why...

*Not even fast, normal pace... yuh move like a snail*

"Supm important me wah tell you but it had to be in person and noooo, I don't care how encrypted your man line dem is, I aint chancing dat fam"

"Yuh nuh have nothing fi do? like you no have no tech cases fi work pon or nothing?" I ask, words riddled in slight annoyance and sarcasm.

"Just listen to me... swear this not 'bout wanting you or nun'ah allat" his accent slips in and out as his anxiety rises.