56|Hidden ||Part3

Cont'd

Jordanne's POV:

"Coming from work right now Jai," I look down at the phone screen. 

Pretty sure Jniia called me without her mother's permission. 

Wholesome type ah vibe... but Ryleigh got both legs broken for the same thing in her toddler years.

*So mi know she ago panic without proper cause when she come see this*

"Wohk take foyeva daddy?" she looks at me inquisitively before propping the phone up on what? I don't know.

I chuckle while tapping the ash from my spliff out the side of the jeep... out of her view ofcourse.

"Work done now princess. It didn't take forever –" 

"Jniia gimmi me phone likkle girl!" Ry' comes in, her tone holding slight annoyance.

"Daddy mommy!" Jniia defends herself.

The phone is yanked from where it was propped up and Ry's face comes into play. 

"I'm sorry... she just no understand why she went to sleep with you and woke up without you."

She doesn't have to apologize, but I get it.

"Dat good... Did ago call them just before me reach in anyways. Just pass the JDF camp so it's another maybe hour and maybe fifteen minutes before me drop a foot," I give her the run down, knowing it'll calm her anxious mind.

"Okay good.... 'cause me wah know everything and I mean everything..." her lips form a hard and straight line while she rolls her eyes.

*Haha!* 

Cute...

"Yeah dat go–" I'm distracted by the truck that's now coming to a slow stop.

I stay silent.

Touching my earpiece, I decide to use it for it's intended purpose.

"Duh come out..." I instruct them "Man dem a front slow down."

"Babe?" Ryleigh's voice comes from my phone now holding heightened concern.

"Love, mah link you back," is all I say before hanging up.

*Yahgo pay fi dat* 

Know dat.

Slyme looks at me and we share a knowing look before exiting the jeep– and like sand to sea, we move symbiotically to figure out the problem.

Slyme stays to the back of the truck while I move around to the front.

I throw my spliff to the trees and a group of lingering birds fly off but my attention is still stuck on the truck itself.

My fingers move to the Beretta... gliding the trigger.

"Drip!" Slyme's voice comes clear, pulling my attention from the task I'm on. "Farwud come pre dis" 

I ignore him for a second, walking to the driver's side of the truck to face the driver. I get there and stare at him..

He shrugs before attempting to speak to me, "Feel like a the transmi–"

Paw checked that before we drove out I think to myself while drowning out his explanation.

*Transmission bandit on the loose at this rate bredda*

"Boss..." Slyme calls again and this time I turn to walk to the back of the truck.

I get there and look to what he's pointing at.