17| Burning Pot

Ryleigh's POV:

"Ry'?..." he trails off.

My mind is going a mile a minute, just trying to figure out how fi nuh use the phone bus him lip right yah suh...

Right now.....

The group of us are silent.

Too silent....

I look back at the phone to observe the screenshot for any flaws, any editing mistakes,

ANYTHING.

*But everything's accurate*

"A weh she show her?" I hear Mariah asking Muuch.

"How long you have this?" I turn to Kelly.

She looks to J'– her body language now hesitant.

"Noooo, nooo, no no no... yuh show mi already enuh, so wul you composure and talk to me" I move closer to her.

She steps back a little, before turning to look at T'.

"A yuh me ask supm enuh??" I add, tone holding frustration.

"Wah deh pon eh pho-" Jordanne tries to ask, but I raise my index finger... asking him for silence.

*Murddaaaa*

He falls quiet but starts moving towards me. Kelly seems to realize and begins to speak.

"Yesterday..." she answers lowly.

Humph...

"And you think showing me here, infront everybody was a good idea?" I ask... genuinely.

Fi all we know, me man and the girl ina things and now me cya go get no more information 'cause she come bawl it out infront him.

Cya tek the gyal dem weh nahv nuh style enuh....

"Me tell Toni-Anne," she adds in a defensive tone.

"Aye! No!.... she tell me this morning... seconds before we drive out and me drop it 'cause Joshua come ina the car before she get fi show me whatever she showed you," she hisses.

*Watch immediate explanation*

I chuckle...

Jordanne finally gets to me, taking the phone from my hands. I watch him look at it, he observes it, not giving away any emotions.

Not an inch of muscle on his face moves out of line.

A few more seconds pass before his eyes find mine. I raise a brow, requesting an explanation.

He shrugs...

*Wehm do?!!!*

Di man shrugggg

*Alright gyal keep it togetherrrrrrrrrr*

I'm tryyyyingggggggg...... 'cause any minute now me ago tweak out.

I watch him hand the phone back to Kelly, before turning to walk off.

"Pack up unuh sh*t.... we a leave" is all he says, following his exit.

"Then di Sports day done?" Aliah asks.

I turn to her then to Toni. This is why me stop come outside. Every time me exit the house a supm else.

T' moves into my view before hanging onto my hand to pull me away.

"Ry' a this morni–"

"Why you bring Aliah as you plus one?" I ask her, cutting off her statement.

*It me wah know*