11| Own Medicine

Jordannes' POV:

"Boy" is the last word I hear from my mother's mouth before Madelline takes the phone.

I move to take it back but one of her many play tings immediately restrains my hands as they previously were- above my head.

"Congrats to the Mrs" she continues, looking at me with the smile of a champion.

*Weh she win?*

She soon know....

"When can we have that meeting?" she adds.

Almost immediately, I hear Ry's voice "Today"

Jah Jah.

A short silent pause reigns over the room before she comes back to the line.

"When my placenta is out, Lenard will notify you. You can send a location after such and I'll be there"

Ry....

Stubborn....

But calculated...

The call ends before Madelline gets another word in.

I've been there before- on the receiving end of Ry's vengeance. When she wah you feel for making her feel, she ago bring yuh to your knees every f*cking time.

And that was just for love...

This a fi we kids...

I know how she feels about children growing up without their father.

"She's confident, I like her" Madelline chuckles, moving down to lift my chin.

She continues to babble but I tune her out. How long mi deh yah so? Try fi keep up with the days as much as possible but when whatever they keep injecting me with kicks in....

*Dawk mi Fada*

..Lights out.... just cya keep track of how long.

"Let's hope she's a better negotiator than you were"

Hmmph....

Negotiate??

Miss di birth of my son and she think mi wife ago negotiate?

*She might*

Too weak to give a response, I steady my breathing, focusing on not passing out.

"Papa tried to negotiate, but I guess you knock off Africans can't be civil" she pokes at me again.

*Knock off Africans?... nah that coulda laugh to if we did have strength me killa*

Nah waste my energy entertain dah mad gyal yah. I know how torture works. I've delivered my fair share to those who deserved it. She'll either kill me to prove a point or free me to strike a deal.

"Why won't you speak!??" she shouts.

*Woulda think a she caged up, drugged out, unable to exercise proper hygiene*

F*ck she wah mi say?

She hasn't asked one single question of substance the entire time we've been going back and forth, leaving me to think she a do this without her family's approval.

Dumb....

"I could kill her, the minute she walks into the meeting," she adds.

Kill who?

I actually find the strength to laugh this time ...and heartily too.

"He laughs..." she chuckles, words coated with venom.