72|Sibling

(Two Days Later)

Ryleigh's POV:

"Love?" the faint sound of a male voice drags me from my doze.

Jordanne...

My eyes flutter open to the dimly lit room. The smell of bed sheets and slight chemical find my nose....

*And weed...*

Yeah... the scent of marijuana. I turn my head from being pressed up against my hands to find where I know the scent lingers... on his clothes.

"Food," is the word that exits his lips.

Food....

I sigh.

It's day three with Rhyeem still in the hospital and by what J' just said, you should be able to tell I haven't been eating and that's.... rare.

"I don't have the appetite nor the strength J'..." I trail off, lifting my torso away from Rhyeem's bed to lean back into the chair that I've been cooped up in by his side.

"No argument nuh inna it... just eat," he drags my chair back, just before him.

*Alright faaatherrr*

Right?

I watch him lift the lid from the soup cup, rip the spoon from the plastic and use it to stir.

The rising steam carries the scent to my nostrils, letting me know it's...

"Yeah... red peas," he smiles.

I giggle and watch as he sits on the couch. The spoon is then filled with my favorite and brought to my mouth, then I remember...

"Who mek eh?" my question jumps out.

"Mum."

"Oh," I part my lips while impatiently waiting for him to finish cooling it.

I watch, as he blows at the spoon one last time before bringing it to my lips. My mouth clasps it in awe...

Sue ago f*ck up some red peas, always.

My mind suddenly goes to my mother and how only her and Sue decided to stay with us until we were ready to leave.

Everybody left yesterday. All the girls and all the guys except for Surgeon, Slyme, Paw and Ryan ofcourse.

My memory continues to click..... and while I'm swallowing the fourth spoonful of soup, Junior comes to my mind.

The thought of him wipes whatever appetite I just developed right away.

Jordanne notices the shift in my mood even before me.

"Babe just eat, them nah do him nuttin."

*Alright Mr.Superman*

How him know wah and wah dem nahgo do mi baby.

I begin to feel the panic filling my body.

I–

*Jeeez Ry', ease up offa the bawling*

I–

J' sighs.

"Ryan have di hospital footage. They have him for sure and me know exactly wah dem ago want. Just eat, I'll talk to Marco again when me liff up from yasso," J' tries to reassure me but I'm having a hard time listening.

I don't know Why Junior would be stubborn like dat. Just stay in view of the guards is all I asked. I know he wanted to be alone but to slip away on the lonely outskirts of the hospital and tell lie 'bout him ago back in?