49| Park Slope

New York (Saturday, 9:34am)

Ryleigh's POV:

I watch the lights and the women go back and forth through the halls that spring nothing but comfort.

Guess yahfi feel as comfortable and as safe as possible fi do it...

*Ofcourse*

I look at my phone to see if J's updated the gym time yet. Being in New York for the weekend comes with heavy security and timely check ins.

The check ins nah gimmi nuttin more than PTSD if mah be honest.

Each time I look at the phone I'm brought back to a year-plus ago, when he just didn't check in.

"Ms.Lone?" the front desk nurse calls out. I look up.

Both of us look up but Lorelle stands seconds after signifying she's the one that surname is attached to.

*She a shaaaakkke*

She's nervous and so am I.

She looks back at me and to how me myself nervous... I don't know weh fi tell her say.

According to us, we're out for Starbucks and just a casual check in at the gyno.

*Unuh nuh easy enuh...*

I had to beggggggggggggg and pay off the shadows to just not say anything. I told the one in charge I wanted to check if I was pregnant without J' knowing because I wanted this to be a surprise.

*Lie like African show*

Meanwhile I had to tell J' I wanted a pap-smear.... just so he wouldn't question my location.

*Just bay lie to the doll lips*

My attention shifts from my internal thoughts and back to Relle, who's now waltzing behind the nurse.

Before she's out of full view, she looks back at me– eyes awaiting my approval.

*Approval weh she nuh need*

I nod, just to hand her peace of mind. Nuh know why she woulda think me ago look pon her different ova her own choice...

Still vex lowkey...

*Ditto*

To occupy the time, I start aimlessly jumping from app to app.

Seconds later a text chimes in.

Jordanne: Is a man a look up under you today?

Me: Yes 🥰

I type my response while giggling.

Jordanne: Oh...

Me: Why? You want the job?

Jordanne: Just a try condition my mind. Yah try tell me say when him start finger you him nahgo live up?

Me: Jordanne 😭 Come offa me phone.

Jordanne: Nuh see why you couldn't do it from JA. Me rate yuh lady doctor 🤷🏾‍♂️

Me: Bye, he's inserting his fingers rn and staring into my eyes. 🦋

I decide to tease him while blowing my gum. This a mi third juicy fruit from me open the pack. How dem can suck out so quick?

*And we know you a pro sucker, make it even worse*

Jordanne: 😂 play wid you points yerr. I'm downstairs.