46| Confidant

Ryleigh's POV:

"Blink" Muuch tells me.

I do as she says, blinking back the minty Azelastine.

*Mamaaa, how dis a bun we so?!*

"Lemme see" T' moves over to look at me.

I look to her, shifting my face into the best shape of remorse and trauma that I can muster up.

"Put more" she turns away from me to guide Muuch.

I've slept in my contacts for an exact hour just to encourage natural irritation. Minutes ago I took them out to shower and get myself together for the press.

*Eye fi red yes...*

Muuch and Toni are with me, now trying to make sure my eyes hold enough eyedrops for the show.

I hang my head back and as the last drop goes in, Jordanne walks into the powder room.

We all look up at him holding our silence– the pipe is the only thing brave enough to release a sound.

He moves to turn it off before lifting my chin to observe my face.

"Farwud" is all he says, releasing my chin gently before turning to exit.

Spinning on my heels to follow suit, I pick up my phone from the vanity but not before Toni stops me.

"Hm!" she hands me my sunglasses.

I take it while hanging onto to her shoulders to fix my stocking.

*Yup!.... stocking*

When I feel comfortable enough, I walk out into the living area with both girls behind me.

Washington has us in our business casual fits. It's been a week since the shooting and both him and Michelle have been coaching me on how to handle the questions.

The week has been annoying fi say di least.

The news outlets and media been a run wid weh dem wah run wid...

J' is yet to tell me who is trying to clip him...

*And wi knowwww him know, just by di way him seem unbothered*

Ughh...

But it a bother me....

I'm about to join hands with Jordanne but Michelle stops me to say her last words.

"Remember enuh Ry'... duh argue with them no matter what they ask. Do not be sarcastic either, duh mek you mouth rule you. You fi traumatized and worried about your family"

*Bwooii me nahgo promise you or yuh friend dat enuh*

Be quiet.

I nod and she offers me a small smile.

I start repeating all the points I should stress.

New mother...
Wife...
Fairly new marriage...
Humanitarian... if you will.
Business owner...

Just a sweet damsel in deep... deeeeeep distress that her husband had to protect.

"Ready?" Jordanne gently pulls me into him.

*No*

Yes...

"Yeah..." I offer him, adjusting the shades over my eyes.

He laces our hands together while both Michelle and Washington exit first with us directly behind them.

Alright... let the drama begin.