Chapter 194

Baron Stoichkov is a very efficient person. The last time he came here and settled the tobacco business with Sardinson County, he did not want to wait for the tobacco to be planted in the coming year after returning but took advantage of the mountain road before winter. When it was time to leave, I found several doctors to buy the tobacco they had on hand, packaged it up, and delivered it immediately.

He also didn't have much confidence in the sales of tobacco. He was worried that if something went wrong in the middle of the contract, Sardinson suddenly terminated the contract, then he would be the unlucky one, so he thought of sending a batch of past transactions first. Let's see what the duchess is going to do with the tobacco, and buy another batch of grain by the way.

When he went back, the food he had bought and sent to send away was still on the way, and the people of the territory saw him coming back alone with a group of mercenaries and thought that the baron did not buy food, and they all thought they were in despair. To starve to death this winter, it was the baron's repeated explanations that convinced them that the food had been bought. It was only because they had to take a detour, so they came back slowly, but they could send them back before they ran out of ammunition and food.

Buying food again doesn't mean that he didn't have enough food before, but the baron knows that the price of food in Soria has skyrocketed recently, and I am afraid it will rise even more in winter. He wants to take the opportunity to resell a batch to make more money to make up for this year The coffers that have become empty after taxes and food purchases.

The mountains at this time are already more dangerous than before. Baron Stoichkov hired a lot of mercenaries and brought a large number of slaves to help him transport the goods. Most of the animals in the crowded team did not It will come to provoke, as long as you are careful, there is not much danger.

Wei Wei didn't expect him to come again so soon, but she still welcomed the tobacco he sent.

These tobaccos are all harvested and dried according to the requirements. The leaves of the tobacco are very large. After drying and yellowing, they are neatly placed together, and then several leaves are bundled into a bundle, and then tied with hemp rope and placed in It was transported in sacks, and people who didn't know it might think that this was someone who wanted to pickle sauerkraut.

The total weight of the tobacco leaves that the baron brought this time was about 500 kilograms.

The price negotiated before was to pay him three silver coins per pound of tobacco leaves, which was one more silver coin than wheat, and the baron received the tobacco leaves from the doctor for one silver coin per pound and then sent the tobacco leaves to Sa Ding Sen, he exchanged 500 catties of tobacco leaves for 75 gold coins, of which 50 gold coins were pure profits.

Don't underestimate these fifty gold coins. Don't look at the dukes and couples of Sardinson who are always going in and out of tens of thousands of gold coins. Their daily income is in gold coins, and they earn tens of thousands and tens of thousands. They are very rare exceptions in the whole of Europe, and the gap between the rich and the poor is always there.

The normal annual income of an earl who lives on the territory is only 5,000 gold coins. It is not bad for a baron to have 500 gold coins a year. Baron Stoichkov is a small lord in a poor place. He is only the oldest In good times, the income of the territory is only three hundred gold coins.

But it only took two days to deliver the goods across the mountains, and he earned one-sixth of his annual income in gold coins. When he put those gold coins into his purse, he was even more determined to build the road. idea.

After earning the money, the baron entrusted the task of buying food to his confidant, while he stayed in the castle, hoping to know how Wei Wei planned to use the tobacco leaves.