Chapter 118

Wei Wei prepared gifts for all three Williams.

There is no beautiful wrapping paper with printing, so she uses ordinary colored paper for packaging. Today's paper mills have not become larger, but they have more and more patterns in papermaking. Toilet paper, colorful colored paper, and hard paper of different thicknesses that can be used to paste boxes have all done well. Recently, they have been researching scented letter paper and even made molds to press some specific patterns on the paper. If it can be made, this kind of paper with fragrance and patterns will become the new favorite of the nobles to write letters.

Gift boxes of different sizes are wrapped in colored paper and then tied with fine linen woven lace ribbons, tied with a bow, put on Christmas cards, and stacked under the Christmas tree.

The Christmas tree that the servant found was nearly three meters high, and the bottom was fixed with a shelf. The tree was full of decorations, but there were only a few gift boxes under the tree, so it looked lonely, so Wei Wei had borrowed Caroline a long time ago. dolls and put them under the tree as decoration.

At this time, Caroline was looking for gifts in the pile of dolls under Wei Wei's instructions.

She flipped through it for a while and soon found a blue gift box. The gift box was not big and light, and she flipped it out easily.

"This!" The little lady happily showed the things in her hands to the adults behind her. She was young but smart and knew that this thing that was different from other dolls should be a gift.

But what is this? She tilted her head suspiciously, winked at the gift box in her hand, and reached out to pull the bow on it.

"This is not Caroline's." Wei Wei stopped her, took the gift box from her hand, and pointed to the Christmas tree: "Caroline's gift is still inside."

The little lady wasn't angry when the things were taken away. She didn't like blue, so she didn't have much interest in the gift box, so she continued to rummage through the pile of dolls.

Wei Wei stood up and handed the gift box to Felix: "Merry Christmas."

Felix replied to her with the same words before taking the gift box, slightly surprised: "For me? Isn't it just for children?"

He knew that Wei Wei's Christmas was not the same as the current Christmas. Compared with the religious Christmas that he knew, it was more like a day to celebrate a year of harvest and family reunion, so they would prepare A Christmas tree full of presents, a big Christmas dinner, and a family get-together to eat, drink, and have fun, instead of going to church mass to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

But Felix had heard the story of Santa Claus that Wei Wei told Caroline. Of course, as an adult, he knew that it was to coax children, but he thought that gifts were only for children.

So when he saw his gift box and a greeting card with his name on it, he was very annoyed: "I'm sorry, I didn't prepare a present for you."

Wei Wei said playfully: "It doesn't matter, I prepared it for myself, and we will open the presents together later."

Dolores heard their conversation and said expectantly: "Do I have a gift too?"

"Of course, my girl." Wei Wei smiled and nodded at her, then pushed her gently: "You can look for it, the card with your name on it is yours."

Dolores cheered softly, then crouched down too, and turned over with Caroline among the piles of dolls.

Soon, they found the few remaining gift boxes.

But unexpectedly, there were not only four gift boxes in it, but six.

Because each gift box had a greeting card on it, Dolores quickly recognized who those were for, and she happily went to the butler couple standing not far behind the masters: "It's Steward Barton and Mrs. Nancy, yours."