Chapter 26

After Wei Wei learned some common sense in the Middle Ages, her mood naturally improved, and she no longer hurt the spring and autumn because of parting, which was not in line with her character.

The system left and left. Anyway, it will come back when she hangs up. Since it is not impossible to see each other forever, let's get together.

In comparison, the relative who came every month after being reminded by the maid was the more important thing to be concerned about.

I don't care. Although I don't know if her menstrual period is at the same time as before, she will come anyway. If she doesn't actively prepare, what if she visits suddenly one day?

So Wei Wei naturally wants to understand how women in this era solve the problem of visiting relatives.

The blood moss that the two maids told her was there. Girls of old age would prepare it. If they couldn't afford it, they would pick it up and dry it themselves. There shouldn't be too much moss growing in the swamp.

Wei Wei asked them to go get some.

When Qin brought the blood moss, although it had turned yellow and dried, information about it immediately appeared in Wei Wei's mind.

The real name of the blood moss in their mouths is water moss, also called peat moss, which is a very common but powerful moss.

This kind of moss itself has the functions of anti-inflammatory, hemostasis, antiseptic, and sterilization. At the same time, it has a super water absorption capacity that can absorb and store 20 to 25 times its weight. Therefore, it was often used to replace cotton to make medical accessories before the First World War.

In the East, peat moss is also called seaflower grass. It is a kind of traditional Chinese medicine. It has the effects of clearing heat, improving eyesight, and relieving itching. It can be used for cloudy eyes, skin diseases, and itching from insect bites.

Therefore, drying and disinfecting it instead of sanitary napkins is indeed much cleaner and more hygienic than alternatives such as plant ash, and it is very economical.

But after seeing this moss, Wei Wei thought of other uses for it.

In modern times, peat moss is mostly used as a medium for growing bluegrass succulents and other plants, and even when transporting live water plants, it is also liked to be used as a packaging material.

What's more, the organic peat that forms when peat moss dies and is compressed, is harvested and dried and used as fuel, and mixing peat with soil increases soil moisture, porosity, and acidity, and reduces corrosion, i.e. Nutrient-rich peat soil.

If nothing else, peat soil is a very good fertilizer for growing flowers.

And since it is possible to grow flowers, it is also possible to raise crops.

Wei Wei made a note in a simple notebook cut out of parchment paper and planned to go to Dingle to have a look when she had time.

Probably because she felt something, Wei Wei vaguely felt that her aunt was coming the day after she talked with the maids about the menstrual period.

Then another day later, it came.

Although the new type of pads are not as easy to use as modern sanitary napkins, they are more hygienic and convenient than grass and wood ash, and pay attention to some embarrassing things such as side leakage. Wei Wei is very suspicious of this period. Women like to wear bright, especially red clothes to avoid some embarrassing scenes at this time.

Fortunately, her new body is very healthy, and she has no dysmenorrhea at all. She is much more comfortable than before, so Wei Wei feels that it will not affect her daily activities at all, but the maids are very worried about her physical condition and feel very delicate. The weak master should have a good rest at this time. In the end, Wei Wei had to stay in the room and rest for two days.