Chapter 33

The serfs like to work for Wei Wei to deduct taxes, but Wei Wei really can't find anything to do for the serfs. Although she currently has a lot of seeds that need to be planted, she chooses to put these seeds in for safety. Cultivated in the castle garden, in addition to doing it yourself, the gardener is mainly responsible for it and does not need the help of serfs.

The matter of collecting manure was ready to be completed, just waiting for it to ferment naturally, and Felix took over the matter of burning the manure.

As for building a house, the architect who is very stubborn in his field is still drawing design drawings, so naturally, the house cannot be built.

Wei Wei wanted to tell them to rest first, but this was not in line with the rules at this time. The serfs who didn't work were very afraid of not being able to deduct taxes. After thinking about it, Wei Wei arranged for them to dig a canal.

The temperature in Sardinson is not high, and the annual rainfall is not too much, so it is impossible to rely on rainfall to meet the water demand of the fields. Her fields are not too far from the river, but the watering still requires serfs to carry buckets. They walked back and forth for several minutes, and the water they fetched each time was limited. It took several buckets of water to irrigate a piece of land, which was time-consuming and laborious. Watering is easy.

For her arrangement, the serfs who do not have to worry about paying more taxes if they have something to do have no complaints, and Wei Wei is also willing to give them some meager wages, although there are only two small copper coins a day, before the serfs When they served the lord, they had nothing, and two small copper coins were enough for them to buy some brown bread mixed with wheat bran, so a few serfs were very active in their work, and they didn't need to be in charge when digging the canals. Supervising on the side, the daily progress is completed according to the prescribed requirements.

Wei Wei would also like to thank Felix for this. If he hadn't deliberately selected these honest and responsible serfs, he might have deliberately delayed the construction period because of the copper coins.

When the carriage passed the field, Wei Wei deliberately looked at the excavation factory in the ground, calculated the progress, felt that the water should be able to pass through in a few days, and was very satisfied. Give them some more rewards.

Also, think about what jobs will be arranged for them after this so that idle people will not think about things.

Wei Wei thought about the follow-up plan, and the carriage bypassed the last field and stepped into the pasture.

The so-called pasture is a large area of ​​grass. People who raise horses, cattle, and sheep in the manor around Sardinson Castle will drive their livestock here for grazing, but most of them belong to Felix, and the serfs can only raise them extremely. A small number of livestock, after all, are also subject to tax.

The carriage stopped at the hillside selected by Wei Wei. It was a gentle slope, facing the large grassland of the pasture. Maybe it was because the pasture was the field. The grazing people were worried that they were not optimistic about the livestock and let them run away and harm the field, so those livestock They are far away, and I could only see a group of horses, cattle, and sheep on the grass like a small spot in the green space, grazing the grass leisurely.

On the hillside without livestock patronage, wildflowers bloom all over the hillside, and the wind blows gently, bringing bursts of floral fragrance.

Seeing the wildflowers in this place, Dolores showed a rare liveliness, got off the carriage first, and ran up the hillside cheering.

Wei Wei got out of the carriage and looked at the sky. At this time, there were no clouds in the sky, the sun was just right, and the person who was shining was warm, which was a good time to bask in the sun.