Chapter 86

It was also not long after he was appointed, and Felix succeeded the earl for only a short period of one year, but for the territorial people, he was different from Father Matthew. Even if the count was only in office for one day, they would not dare to confront him or even choke.

That's not trying to get benefits for yourself, that's courting death.

Therefore, after seeing Felix coming, the people who were still surrounding Father Matthew to speak in various ways immediately lost their voices, and when Felix asked them with sharp eyes and anger, what they wanted to do, These people dared not look up.

After a long while, someone in the crowd said, "We just want to ask the priest to teach the children to learn... They can all learn in the church..."

They naturally meant the group of little serfs who lived in the church.

Others have long been dissatisfied with this, but because of the castle's order, these children's daily routines are very stable, and they will not easily contact other people, otherwise, they are afraid of causing a lot of trouble.

Probably because he thought it was safer to hide in the crowd, and only those who spoke out dared to speak. His statement was also recognized by everyone. Although the others did not speak, their expressions were similar.

But when Felix's gaze followed the voice, the person who spoke immediately dared not say any more, and even avoided Felix's gaze, hiding behind the people around him, trying to hide himself.

If he angered the count, the consequences would be unimaginable.

Felix did not investigate who was speaking, and what the other party said was not wrong, but the Count's majesty could not be provoked.

"I arranged them here. If you have any questions, you can come to me directly, instead of besieging an old man here."

The people wanted to say that they had no plans to besiege the priest, but under Felix's eyes, no one dared to refute at this time.

Felix is ​​indeed a little angry. Although he doesn't have a good opinion of the church, he has to say that Father Matthew is a truly respected and knowledgeable priest. His words and deeds are in line with what a true clergyman should look like, and he has never been in the territory. Even if he is not close enough, Felix has some feelings for Father Matthew that belong to relatives and friends.

Therefore, seeing Father Matthew's surrounding face so ugly that he almost fainted, it is impossible to say that he is not angry.

And the price of his anger is naturally to be paid by these subjects.

He felt that he had been too kind before to make these people too bold.

"Given your behavior this time, I will not provide you with food for the last month of hard labor."

That is a salary deduction in disguise.

No food for a month? The faces of the territorial people changed. Now it is different from before. In the past, when they served, they had no food and could only prepare it themselves. Now everyone is used to eating the food prepared by the earl. How much food was saved was suddenly cut off, and the people immediately began to feel distressed about the rations they needed to prepare next.

But no one refuted Felix's decision. They were very afraid that if they refuted at this time and made the Count angry again, it would not only be a month without food.

The Count's order is unquestionable. When he said the punishment, the servants he brought arranged to wait for the registration of the list of the territorial people who came this time. Some of the territorial people wanted to sneak away, but they saw the surrounding people staring at them. Soldiers, in the end, did not dare to move.