Chapter 99

Pope John woke up in the early morning of the next day, and the servant in charge of the vigil notified the others as soon as possible. The sky was only slightly lit, but Wei Wei and Felix had to get dressed and go downstairs to visit him.

In the guest room, the two bishops who lived on the first floor with Pope John came, and even Father Matthew was present.

The situation of Pope John who woke up was better than Wei Wei thought. Although he had some symptoms of dizziness and nausea, he was conscious and articulate clearly.

After asking him a few questions, Wei Wei breathed a sigh of relief: "The situation is good, there are no other sequelae, take medicine on time and rest, and you will recover soon."

When Pope John first woke up, he didn't open his mouth because of dizziness and nausea. Now the situation has eased a little. He slowly remembered what happened to him, and quickly asked what happened to Raymond.

"Master Raymond is still resting." Wei Wei briefly explained Raymond's situation.

Seeing that he was sane, Felix asked him how the lab exploded.

"I am also very puzzled." Pope John was also puzzled, their experiment today was not particularly dangerous, and it was not even the first time: "I have done it before, and this has never happened. "

Felix asked: "Since it has been done before, have you told other people about the steps of the experiment? Or has someone done this experiment with you?"

Pope John's head was still aching, but that didn't stop him from hearing the strangeness in Felix's words.

"Why do you ask? What did you find?"

Felix didn't hide it either: "The three alchemists have checked the scene, anyway, the utensils you use have been added with substances that should not be added, and the manservant who takes care of Master Raymond found that your entourage secretly entered during lunch. Lab, what was added to the labware."

"Sean? Impossible!" Hearing his words, Pope John's first reaction was disbelief: "He has served me for many years, and he has always been very loyal. He has never had any problems. He can't betray me."

"But the truth is probably not what you hoped." Felix regretted: "After he was found by the servant, he ran away immediately. Many people saw it at that time. If he has no problem, why did he run?"

Pope John, apparently not quite able to accept this fact, turned to Bishop Umberto, who nodded at him.

Pope John was silent, before saying after a while, "Have you caught him?"

"Yes, caught." Felix said: "Although he refused to say anything, we found some powder in his fingernails, the same thing that caused the explosion."

The name of that thing was so long and convoluted that Felix forgot it after hearing it once, but he remembered that the alchemists were a powdery substance that could dissolve in water and other liquids, which normally wouldn't happen. Explosive, but react violently with two specific substances, and if you add too much, it will cause a big explosion.

Of course, not all alchemists know this, they do, because Pope John happened to tell them this at lunch at noon. It was a chemical reaction he discovered during his experiments, and no one else knew about it but them.

At first, Felix's people didn't find anything in the man's fingers, or after knowing what caused the explosion, he specially asked the other person's hand to check and found the same thing in his fingernails.

After Pope John listened, he was silent for a moment again, and said sullenly: "I did ask Sean to help me when I did this experiment before..."

Not only that, when he discovered this reaction, he told Sean as an interesting thing, so the other party knew it a long time ago.